Shayne Hull
msg tools
I sleeved my copy of Star Saga with some Ultra Pro Mini American Board Game sleeves I had left over from X-Wing, only to find I was 6 sleeves short.

I ordered a new packet online, careful to get the correct ones so they matched.

They arrived today and after sleeving the remaining 6 cards, it is obvious that the newer sleeves are much smaller, despite being exactly the same type and brand. The packaging is identical.

Is this a known issue? Has Ultra Pro changed the size? The ones I used for X-Wing could be up to 2 years old.

Furthermore, my new ones might not be new as the Ultra Pro website shows their Mini American Board Game Sleeves as having the dreaded hologram. None of the ones I have include the hologram.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Kwan
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
This also applies to Mini European sizes.

Honestly you get what you pay for, Ultra Pro just isn't great (although they are one of the best known brands for these sorts of accessories).

Never had the issue with Fantasy Flight games (yellow code mini American sleeves) but they are more expensive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.