Einar J Wetaas
Norway
Bergen
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello

As promised I have made a new large campaign for Sails of Glory.
This time its between England and France. The time period is 1803-1805.
The setting is the The Battle of Trafalgar.
You play different battles leading up to the famous battle. And in the last batle you participate in the great battle yourself.
If you play good you may change the course of history. Every battle counts so you don’t want to loose to many ships. You will have the dilemma in some of the battles if it is smarter to flee or continue to fight with a chance of losing more ships.
The weather will in some scenarios be major problem, and need all your skills. You will fight at night and in a storm and rain.

In this campaign you will need to have some French and English ships. You may use different ships that are equal if you don’t have the specific ship that is in the settings. And since you will play battles up to 6 vs 6 ships, you need to have enough ship mats. For those who don’t own so many ships or mats may downscale the numbers in each scenario or just play some of the smaller battles in this campaign as a skirmish.

Here is the link and enjoy:
https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/158056/sails-glory-campai...

Feedback on bad and good is always welcome
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
Very nicely done...thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Padraic Kirby
United States
Crown Point
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Einar,

There are many tactical series games out there that cry out for campaign systems to be created for them. You just filled one of them.

What terrain did you use for the land pieces or are they graphics?

Pat

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Einar J Wetaas
Norway
Bergen
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Everything is Ares supplement/accessories.
http://www.aresgames.eu/games/sails-of-glory-line/sails-of-g...

Laid out on a Sails of Glory game mat.
Then I took a picture and edit text and lines in windows paint.
The good thing about this game is that you don’t need all this, you may make any surface your gaming board and make your own land tiles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Padraic Kirby
United States
Crown Point
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well what do you know. I actually own the "Coasts and Shoals" module. It was hiding under my batteries module.

I am good to go.

Pat
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.