Ben Moscrop
United Kingdom
Colchester
flag msg tools
mbmb
Apologies if this has been asked before. I searched but couldn't find this referenced.

Quote:
RALLY: When taking a Move action, your character and
mechs can move to any territory that contains at least
one of your workers or a Flag token, regardless of the
distance.

If I take a Move action with a worker, does the above ability allow me to then also move ALL mechs and my character to the region with the worker or flag token, even if those mechs/character had nothing to do with the Move action I just took?

OR

Does the move action have to be taken with the Mech/character that I want to rally?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Ben! For Move action bonuses like this for any faction, they apply to one unit at a time. So if you're using part of your Move action to move a mech, you can choose to use Rally for that mech. After you're done moving that mech, you can then use your second movement to move another mech or character (with Rally or otherwise) or a worker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Hogue
United States
O'fallon
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TelexStar wrote:
Apologies if this has been asked before. I searched but couldn't find this referenced.

Quote:
RALLY: When taking a Move action, your character and
mechs can move to any territory that contains at least
one of your workers or a Flag token, regardless of the
distance.

If I take a Move action with a worker, does the above ability allow me to then also move ALL mechs and my character to the region with the worker or flag token, even if those mechs/character had nothing to do with the Move action I just took?

OR

Does the move action have to be taken with the Mech/character that I want to rally?

Rally is a movement. You are always limited to the number of units indicated by the Move action/Factory card. If you have 3 move actions (after an upgrade), and you move a worker with the first move action, you may rally one additional unit with each subsequent move action, so at most two units.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Moscrop
United Kingdom
Colchester
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thank you both.

I assumed this was the case but after that Rally wording, and particularly seeing "Mechs" plural, I couldn't shift the idea that perhaps this was an ability that was triggered as an option for any mechs/character whenever you performed a move action elsewhere.

Thanks for the clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.