GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,368 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Introduction » New User Questions

Subject: add 'play' with expansion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
DH Bok
Netherlands
Nijmegen
Gelderland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Last week I played tzolk'in with the 'tribes and prophecies'-expansion. How do I add this to my 'plays'? If I add only the expansion its like I didnt play Tzolkín, if I add Tzolkín too it's like I played 2 games.
Ain't that a Big Problem?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ravage Board Gaming
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
slaapgraag wrote:

No.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DonRaccoon
Scotland
Dundee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I add the play with the expansion. So all plays logged for the game are without expansions. Then each expansion (for games with multiple) gets it's own stats.

So to get the total of all games played with and without expansions, you would need to add the totals together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I log it as a play of the base game, and then if I've never used the expansion before, I log a play of the expansion with quantity 0 so that it's not "unplayed" but it also doesn't add to my play counts.

This only matters if you personally care about play counts. There's no prize for logging the most plays, so you're not 'cheating' if your method of logging results in higher play numbers. Do what works for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick McNamara
United States
Jupiter
Florida
flag msg tools
The doo-dah man
badge
Where's the men's gaming forum?
mbmbmbmbmb
slaapgraag wrote:
Last week I played tzolk'in with the 'tribes and prophecies'-expansion. How do I add this to my 'plays'? If I add only the expansion its like I didnt play Tzolkín, if I add Tzolkín too it's like I played 2 games.

You can log your plays however you'd like. In my mind, if I play a game with the expansion pieces, then I did play 2 games. That's how I log them. Some people log a .1 for expansion plays as well. Whatever works for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbert Vervuurt
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slaapgraag wrote:

Well, if you are one of those people that is prancing around with an e-penis (Trophies on Playstation, Achievements on Xbox Live, Plays on BGG etc.), it is actually adding to your e-penis' length!

If you don't, it doesn't matter.

It's your personal tracking system, nobody cares how you use it but you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Talmadge
United States
Clinton
CT
flag msg tools
REFEREE MADNESS
badge
I'm wasting your time!
mbmbmbmbmb
No.
Since you can't use the expansion without the base game, it will only be a big problem for the imaginary random person who's never, ever going to view your recorded game plays out of context.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DH Bok
Netherlands
Nijmegen
Gelderland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
THx all for answering. Just wanna be honest about my e-penis modest. I follow the chris-thougts so far: playing an expansion requires the basegame so I just log the expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DH Bok
Netherlands
Nijmegen
Gelderland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I meant: 'Ain't that a Big Problem '.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.