Harrah
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this as strong as it appears,
particularly for the Solo game?

You can bring ALL of the global parameter requirements
down 2 steps? So, for example, instead of having to reach 14% oxygen
for the win, you can win with 12%? Seven oceans instead of nine? etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This does not affect the victory conditions, only the requirements for playing a card. (So, if a card requires 10% Oxygen, you can play it at 8%. Or, if a car has a max -10 degrees, you can still play it at -6, because temperature steps are 2 degrees.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Espie
msg tools
mb
GirlDaddy wrote:

No, you still have to finish terraforming.

It is highly contextual. If you get it at game start along with a few cards that require 3 oceans, it is an absolute killer. Just buy an ocean, and enjoy those sweet plants.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AJ Cooper
msg tools
mbmbmb
iklinck wrote:
This does not affect the victory conditions, only the requirements for playing a card. (So, if a card requires 10% Oxygen, you can play it at 8%. Or, if a car has a max -10 degrees, you can still play it at -6, because temperature steps are 2 degrees.)

Correct. Adaptation Technology, Special Design, and Inventrix corporation ability affect requirements to play cards. They do not affect the game end condition in multiplayer, or victory condition in solo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Bakija
United States
flag msg tools
Q: Are we not men?
mbmbmbmbmb
GirlDaddy wrote:

Yeah. That isn't what that card does.

It just makes it so you can play cards that have requirements on them (i.e. "You can't play this card unless it is 0C" or "You can't play this card unless there is 8% O2") two steps earlier (i.e. if the card requires 8% O2, you can play it at 6% O2).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will McDonald
United States
Harrah
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahh! Now THAT makes more sense.
Thanks all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Megee
United States
Edgewater Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm glad I searched about this card... our first game was yesterday and we didn't quite "get it" with this card; so I just discarded it and moved on. That was near the end of the game anyway. However, that being said, WE THOUGHT it meant that you actually reduced (or add) to the air/temp/oceans by two. In other words, if we were at 8 oceans, then I would use the card to reduce it to 6 oceans, OR Oxy. at 14 we'd reduce it to 12 (same with temp.). BUT... now that I read this post (and the card again), I now know that we would have been wrong.whistle FUN game though! We really liked it!

Jim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.