Beneath Nexus» Forums » Rules

Subject: Some rulebook questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jody Wells
msg tools
mb
Hello,

Hoping to get this one to the table soon, but had a couple of questions after my first read through of the rulebook.

1) When setting up the first two encounters, are the dungeons that are not chosen put into a discard pile? It seems like that would be the obvious choice based on the description but it's never explicitly stated.

2) In the description for the blight lord's turn the rule book says:

"On the Blight Lord’s turn, the Blight Lord is granted one action per hero in the game (for example: if there are three heroes in the game, the Blight Lord may take three actions)."

then at the end of the rulebook it states:

For a more challenging game, grant the Blight Lord one action per player on the Blight Lord’s turn.

These two descriptions sound exactly the same to me as long as one player is controlling one hero. Am I misunderstanding what is supposed to change?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mohd Nur Adli Haji Abd Ghani
Brunei
Bandar Seri Begawan
Brunei-Muara
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey there!
For 1), I don't think it affects gameplay as you are only going to generate the first 2 encounters from 6 dungeon cards. For me personally, I just put the cards not chosen in the bottom of the pile.
For 2), the blight lord gets an action per player, so one from the blight lord player and one action from each hero player. So in a game with 3 heroes, they would actually get 4 actions per turn if each hero is controlled by a player each.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jody Wells
msg tools
mb
Silverarm wrote:
Hey there!
For 1), I don't think it affects gameplay as you are only going to generate the first 2 encounters from 6 dungeon cards. For me personally, I just put the cards not chosen in the bottom of the pile.
For 2), the blight lord gets an action per player, so one from the blight lord player and one action from each hero player. So in a game with 3 heroes, they would actually get 4 actions per turn if each hero is controlled by a player each.

I watched the demo on YouTube by Silverclutch last night and he specifically called out discarding the dungeon cards not chosen into a facedown pile so it looks like we were right on that one.

The extra action for the blight lord makes sense now that you've explained it. I don't think it could ever be more than one extra action though so it seems like it would have been clearer stating "Blight lord gets 1 extra action per round".

Thanks a bunch for answering!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Silverclutch Games LLC
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
publisher
Mohd was correct on both accounts! Thanks so much, Mohd, for being so helpful answering questions!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.