Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Historia» Forums » Rules

Subject: In Solo, can territory be regained after the final cube is removed? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Cockburn
United Kingdom
Sleaford
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I notice that when playing the solo variant, it is legal to remove the final cube on the map belonging to the player. It is also legal (even in multiplayer) to remove the last cube of a Civbot. Does that mean the player (or Civbot) can never place another cube on the map? Expansion is always into an adjacent territory and without any cubes, no territory is adjacent.

Or am I missing something? The expansion action doesn't say that Navigation makes all territories adjacent to each other, it says "Civilisations which have Navigation Technology can expand into any territory." So can a new cube be placed somewhere on the map providing the player (or Civbot) has Navigation? Is that how a civilisation can be restarted?

On a related note, have I got the right interpretation of the Civbot's expansion rules? It has to follow the usual rules for adjacency and navigation. So before it has navigation it will look only at adjacent territories. After navigation it will look at all territories. First it will look at all empty territories or territories occupied only by cubes with lower military strength, and if there are any such territories it will place a cube in the highest numbered of them. If there are no such territories (i.e. everything is occupied by a cube from a stronger military civilisation) then it will place a cube in the highest numbered territory where it does not already have a cube. (Before navigation this can only be amongst the adjacent territories.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Paul,

Yes, if the last cube is removed, you're out of the game as your civilization has been destroyed. All of the other items you mention are then rendered moot.

Cheers,
Joe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Cockburn
United Kingdom
Sleaford
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Professor wrote:
If the last cube is removed, you're out of the game as your civilization has been destroyed.

Does that apply to the solo player and the CivBots alike? Or just the player?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, CivBots as well, or you would be hard pressed to ever win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.