Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Mcleod
United Kingdom
Edinburgh
Scotland
flag msg tools
https://iamgamefor.com

This just launched and i think its pretty cool - lets you find groups and events in your area.

I put my own LFG post up - think im the first in the edinburgh area
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graeme Smith
United Kingdom
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems a shame that the events you can add are currently restricted to the very limited locations they have decided to put in (no pubs for example) but hopefully they will make regular improvements.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Jones
Scotland
Kilmacolm
Inverclyde
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
burntoutmouse wrote:
Seems a shame that the events you can add are currently restricted to the very limited locations they have decided to put in (no pubs for example) but hopefully they will make regular improvements.

Agreed. Can only put game shops in. What about those of us who run groups?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Loper
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
burntoutmouse wrote:

Graeme: it's coming soon. We just launched less than two weeks ago, so we're still in progress. We only list game stores currently due to safety and privacy concerns (it makes players generally meet in a public place - game stores). We'll be adding reporting and blocking features in the next few weeks (along with many other features), and then users will be able to enter custom addresses. Thanks for your feedback. Let me know if you have any other questions at adam@iamgamefor.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Loper
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
scopa wrote:
Agreed. Can only put game shops in. What about those of us who run groups?

Not only will non-game store locations be added soon(see other reply) but group/club functionality is also coming in the next few weeks, right after custom addresses and locations. We're technically still in soft launch and haven't really event started to do any marketing yet, so we appreciate the feedback from early adopters like you. Stores will be able to claim their listings and enter events next week (which will greatly increase the number of events in the database) so we needed to start slowly and 'kick the tyres' so to speak. Feel free to sign up for our newsletter at our website www.iamgamefor.com or ask me any questions at adam@iamgamefor.com for more. Thanks for your feedback!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mistress Kashy
msg tools
Quick question, are gaming store owners all aware of their listings in this app, or have they been added by users so maybe don't know they'd even there? I ask because my local store is listed and has an event at least once a week, but nothing is listed currently...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Ridley
United States
Appleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Verified stores launched earlier this week. Stores that have been verified can access the GameFor store portal and enter events. We are still working to get the word out to stores and for stores to hear from their customers that having events on GameFor is useful. We appreciate everyone who can help spread the word.

We are also going to be at the GAMA Trade Show next month (March) to get better access to more store owners and continue to promote the app.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aware of the App, listed and verified.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Ridley
United States
Appleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
SINik wrote:
Aware of the App, listed and verified.

Glad to have you aboard!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.