Subject: Starting Persona ... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Spoiler (click to reveal)
We were disappointed that we named our first persona, and will seemingly never use them again. They have no special ability, so seems like a wasted card.

Is that a correct assumption that this card will never see the light of day past game 1 for a charter used by a human player?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Holder
United States
Sachse
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since they have no effect on the game, we keep them out while playing and just set the additional persona cards beside them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
jholder29 wrote:
Since they have no effect on the game, we keep them out while playing and just set the additional persona cards beside them.

I actually did that for Game 2. I forgot to do it for Game 3, but I think I'll go back to it for Game 4 and on ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Israel Waldrom
New Zealand
Dunedin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Your assumption is correct. However, it is possible for them to still be in use post game 1 if a player doesn't open a crate, which while likely rare could happen.

Feel free to keep them out anyways tho, esp to remind other players what colour you are.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I treated the personas as different aspects of the base persona, even when taken from other charters. So, for example, my base persona (red charter) was "Biff Clayton", but then when I used the
Guard persona,
he was "Biff the Mighty", and so on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin B
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
I tend to keep the original persona out, laying the current persona on top of it leaving the name visible.

Very minor spoiler:
Why you use the different personas will become apparent later on when you learn more about the world through the story, though the card itself does not look like it gets used again. We're on game 11 and haven't done so yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Stearns
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The persona is the same, just with different abilties/bonuses. So the name stays the same. Same person, different persona of the same person. In our game one player is writing the same name on every persona card he gets. I'm doing similar to what someone else said in this thread. I'm keeping the same name but adding a surname based on their ability.

For instance I named my starting persona Molly. As I unlocked other persona's I named them "Molly ........ ".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
You are always your starting persona with that name, and you take on new traits over the course of the campaign. That's how we interpreted it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dexter345 wrote:
You are always your starting persona with that name, and you take on new traits over the course of the campaign. That's how we interpreted it.

... and sometime you change appearance a bit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David S
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Currently listening to: "W Głębinach Nocy Niepojętej" by Zmora
mbmbmbmbmb
Becq wrote:
Dexter345 wrote:

We always simply tucked additional personae under the first (named) one, with their bonus feature showing from below. That way, the original appearance remained the same, and we always had the named version on top.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zythal wrote:
Becq wrote:
Dexter345 wrote:

We always simply tucked additional personae under the first (named) one, with their bonus feature showing from below. That way, the original appearance remained the same, and we always had the named version on top.

That's ... so simple it just might work!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.