1 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » United States » Midwest

Subject: 1/13 - Rockford, IL - Game Day/Game Swap at The Gaming Goat! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ethan Yanyo
United States
flag msg tools
I wanted to let everyone know that there is a "Goat Swap" game buying and selling event this coming weekend at The Gaming Goat in Rockford, IL. I'll post the full details below, but basically the way it works is that you can bring any games you want to sell (new or used), set the price, and essentially sell them for store credit to TGG. When someone wants to buy one of your games, they pay the money to the Goat, putting credit in your account, and get the game. Prices at the Gaming Goat are all 20-30% off MSRP (similar to Amazon or CSI prices), so "trading in" your games (essentially) will go pretty far to get some new games!

This is the second Goat Swap; there was one last fall that went very well! My wife and I sold off some of our unwanted games, got some good deals on others' used games as well as about $100 in store credit towards some new games from our wishlist! So if you have some games you'd like to sell, or if you want to find some good deals on pre-owned games, come on by this weekend! If you do want to try to sell games though, please contact TGG ahead of time to let them know so they can reserve you some space -- the contact info is at the bottom of this post.

In addition, our gaming group (The Rockford Pegheads) will be having a game day at The Gaming Goat this Saturday afternoon as well from 1-8 pm. We also have regular gaming meetups at the Goat every Tuesday from 5-9 pm and one Saturday a month. If you're in the area, feel free to stop by to game with us!

Here is the event link for the Goat Swap:

And the event details if you don't use Facebook or can't access the event post:
Join us on January 13th for our first Goat Swap of the year from 1pm-4pm! Buy, sell, and trade any game, or geeky things.

How it works: No cost to come or host, just grab a space, first come first served, and have a good time! Please contact us ahead of time if you are interested. Trade as much as you want with no restrictions. If you sell something to someone, then they buy you store credit in the amount of the sale rather than paying you directly. Basically, you are trading your old games, for store credit to buy new ones!

For example: Arte agrees to sell a game to the Miss Goat for $15. Miss Goat goes to the register and buys $15 worth of store credit for Arte. Miss Goat leaves with her 'new' game and Arte now has $15 to spend at The Gaming Goat on whatever he wants. Both leave The Gaming Goat happy.

Please feel free to post pictures of the stuff you plan to bring in advance!

For any questions, please email us at or call us!
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.