Here I Stand» Forums » Rules

Subject: Ships required to assault Genoa (and Calais) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gonzalo Pro
Peru
flag msg tools
mb
One question dear friends. If Genoa has a ship in its port, and knowing that Genoa is a double port, am I supposed to have FOUR galleys in total (2 in each sea in order to assault it? Just 2? 3? Which is the correct answer please.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denis Cobrousev
Russia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
turboraton wrote:
One question dear friends. If Genoa has a ship in its port, and knowing that Genoa is a double port, am I supposed to have FOUR galleys in total (2 in each sea in order to assault it? Just 2? 3? Which is the correct answer please.

15.1. Assault, section Requirements:
Quote:
If the power that controls the fortified space has naval squadron(s) in that space, there is a greater number of squadrons from the assaulting power in adjacent sea zone(s).
(bold is mine)
I believe it means in all adjacent sea zones total, not in each one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gonzalo Pro
Peru
flag msg tools
mb
So do I, but on my game session they insisted it was in each zone due to the (s) added in ' sea zone (s)'
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Franck
France
flag msg tools
The exemple in the rules (p22) is pretty clear. Calais may be assaulted with 2 french fleets in the north sea and no fleet in the channel, whereas there is an english fleet in Calais.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff C
Canada
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
turboraton wrote:
So do I, but on my game session they insisted it was in each zone due to the (s) added in ' sea zone (s)'

That would require the insertion of “both” into the rules text. The (s) is there so that the total ships required can be spread out amongst multiple sea zones where the port borders multiple zones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.