Canada
Verdun Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Looking for a Publisher for a Grand Strategic all fronts WW2 card game
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought the expansion a few years ago and decided to open it yesterday.

1- Upon reading the rule book, I can't find the combat strength and abilities of this Mech unit in the rule book.

2- Also where is the Faq for that expansion?

3- And why do we have 3 extra tiles without their symbol?

4- I have 17 tiles not 14 nor 16?

Owll

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Williams
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
BITS FOR THE BITS GOD!
badge
Staring in dumbfounded terror at Frans Raynor's neckbeard.
mbmbmbmbmb
owll wrote:
1- Upon reading the rule book, I can't find the combat strength and abilities of this Mech unit in the rule book.

It should be on the small unit reference cards. But they cost 2 Resources, roll 6x2 in combat, and have Sustain Damage. They are NOT Ground Forces for any rule or effect whatsoever that refers to Ground Forces, which means they are effectively immune to all Distant Suns tokens, many action cards, do not gain benefits from tech, and cannot be transported by Stasis Capsules. They require transportation and can capture planets.

owll wrote:
2- Also where is the Faq for that expansion?

The FFG link for it is gone, but it is still available directly: https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/Twilig...

owll wrote:
3- And why do we have 3 extra tiles without their symbol?
4- I have 17 tiles not 14 nor 16?

You'll need to be more specific, I'm not sure what you're talking about. Was this a new copy or used?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Damerell
msg tools
IncrediSteve wrote:
They are NOT Ground Forces for any rule or effect whatsoever that refers to Ground Forces

Except when they are - depending on which ruling on Dispute Resolution in https://boardgamegeek.com/article/13978603#13978603 you like, they may be removed there by a card referring to Ground Forces, and it's also asserted there is a ruling that objectives requiring you to destroy GF may also be satisfied by destroying MU. (I've never seen that ruling but it makes enough sense anyway I'd always play that way).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Williams
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
BITS FOR THE BITS GOD!
badge
Staring in dumbfounded terror at Frans Raynor's neckbeard.
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel like a conflicted ruling from an old edition is best ignored. Nothing in the rules states they are Ground Forces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Philippe Goyer
Canada
Verdun Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Looking for a Publisher for a Grand Strategic all fronts WW2 card game
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Steve,

Your answers are perfect. My game is new.
But regarding the system tiles:
- 12 tiles with the Shard symbol
- 1 extra Creuss system
- 1 special supernova related to Muat
- And 3 systems without the Shard symbol: 1 asteroid and 2 empty systems.

Total 17 and the rule book states 14 or 16. I guess that it would be 16 and that the special Muat supernova is an extra that is not accounted for, which means that we have 16 + 1.
But why the 3 other systems: are they just for variability for the overall game. Anyhow, should be in the rule book.

Owll

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
owll wrote:
Thanks Steve,

Your answers are perfect. My game is new.
But regarding the system tiles:
- 12 tiles with the Shard symbol
- 1 extra Creuss system
- 1 special supernova related to Muat
- And 3 systems without the Shard symbol: 1 asteroid and 2 empty systems.

Total 17 and the rule book states 14 or 16. I guess that it would be 16 and that the special Muat supernova is an extra that is not accounted for, which means that we have 16 + 1.
But why the 3 other systems: are they just for variability for the overall game. Anyhow, should be in the rule book.

Owll

The 16 listed new System Tiles from Shards are:
- 5 home systems (Lazax, Arborec, Nekro, and 2 for Creuss - the weird shaped one and the Creuss Gate)
- 4 normal 1-planet systems
- 2 1-planet systems inside an anomaly (nebula and gravity rift)
- 1 2-planet system
- 2 blank systems
- 1 Asteroid System
- 1 Gravity Rift System

The Muaat Supernova, while I guess could have been a System Tile, is actually considered a "Race-Specific Technology Token" in the components. On page 8 of the rulebook, you'll see it depicted there.

I'd have to look, but I was pretty sure that the Shards blank systems and asteroid system DO have the Shards logo on them, but they may be hard to see. I'll check when I get home tonight. It's possible they forgot to mark those, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Damerell
msg tools
IncrediSteve wrote:
I feel like a conflicted ruling from an old edition is best ignored. Nothing in the rules states they are Ground Forces.

It's not from an "old" edition any more than anything else in the edition we are discussing is, and if the other ruling exists (and I don't really doubt that it does) there are two rulings one of which is not conflicted.

Oh, and there's an AC/PC that removes player A's GFs and adds player B's GFs to a planet. You _can't_ resolve that without either deciding that player A's MUs are removed (like GFs), or to just ignore the bit about player B, or that a ground combat can start completely out of sequence.

I would love it if there was a really simple rule of thumb for MUs that always works, never contradicts existing rulings, and never produces an absurd result, but that doesn't mean such a rule actually exists.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.