GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,844 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
15 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

Everdell» Forums » Rules

Subject: Placing points on Constructions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Ramundi
Canada
Cornwall
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
I call green!
mbmbmbmbmb
For card abilities such as the Chapel's and Clock Tower's that require you to place point tokens on it, do these point tokens come from your pool or the general supply?

My assumption is that they come from your pool, but I wanted to be sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wilson
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Jotora wrote:
For card abilities such as the Chapel's and Clock Tower's that require you to place point tokens on it, do these point tokens come from your pool or the general supply?

They actually come from the general supply.

Clocktower: When you play it, you place 3 point tokens on it right away from the general supply. Not it is worth those 3 point tokens. Then if you want to use its ability, you remove one of the point tokens to use the ability.

Chapel: Every time you visit the chapel, you add another point token to it from the general supply, and then you get to draw 2 cards for every point token on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Ramundi
Canada
Cornwall
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
I call green!
mbmbmbmbmb
greycloak wrote:
Jotora wrote:

Clocktower: When you play it, you place 3 point tokens on it right away from the general supply. Not it is worth those 3 point tokens. Then if you want to use its ability, you remove one of the point tokens to use the ability.

Chapel: Every time you visit the chapel, you add another point token to it from the general supply, and then you get to draw 2 cards for every point token on it.

Follow up questions:

The Clock Tower's ability is optional?

Do buildings score the number of point tokens on them at game end by default or only when explicitly stated as in the Clock Tower's case (in the index)?

Maybe the answers are obvious with the cards in front of you; sorry if these are dumb questions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wilson
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Jotora wrote:
greycloak wrote:
Jotora wrote:

Follow up questions:

The Clock Tower's ability is optional?

Do buildings score the number of point tokens on them at game end by default or only when explicitly stated as in the Clock Tower's case (in the index)?

Maybe the answers are obvious with the cards in front of you; sorry if these are dumb questions.

Hi Jonathan,

Not dumb questions.

Clock Tower ability is technically optional, and it does require that you have a worker on a basic or forest location to activate it.

Constructions do score the point tokens on them.

I think it will be clear when you have the cards in front of you.

Thanks for your questions!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Mikida
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
If you discard a card that has point tokens on it, ie using the University to discard a Clock Tower, do those point tokens get destroyed, or do you still keep them?

I guess the same question could also be applied to resources on the Storehouse, and workers permanently stuck in the Cematary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wilson
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
epmikida wrote:
If you discard a card that has point tokens on it, ie using the University to discard a Clock Tower, do those point tokens get destroyed, or do you still keep them?

I guess the same question could also be applied to resources on the Storehouse, and workers permanently stuck in the Cematary.

You would lose point tokens that are specifically on a card, like the Clock Tower. If you use University on the Cemetery and it has buried workers, just put those buried workers on the University; you don't get them back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Mikida
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Thanks for the quick reply, James. My wife and I have already played this game twice in the last two days and we love it.

Related to the clarification on workers, if the worker was on a destroyed card that doesn't permanently lock the worker, do you still not get it back? My wife had a worker in her storehouse and then destroyed it with a ruins, and we weren't sure if she should be allowed to play the worker again, or if he stayed on the ruins until the next prep for season.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wilson
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
epmikida wrote:
Thanks for the quick reply, James. My wife and I have already played this game twice in the last two days and we love it.

Related to the clarification on workers, if the worker was on a destroyed card that doesn't permanently lock the worker, do you still not get it back? My wife had a worker in her storehouse and then destroyed it with a ruins, and we weren't sure if she should be allowed to play the worker again, or if he stayed on the ruins until the next prep for season.

That is a good question that I failed to clarify in the index. In the case of using Ruins on a construction that has a worker that is not there permanently, you would place that worker on the Ruins and get it back during the next Season action. Same would apply to the University.

Thanks for asking and playing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Froggy McFrogface
United States
FORT COLLINS
CO
flag msg tools
badge
When green is all there is to be, it could make you wonder why. But why wonder? I'm green, and it'll do fine: it's beautiful, and I think it's what I want to be.
mbmbmbmbmb
Follow up question about the Clock Tower: can you spend any number of the point tokens at the Prepare for Season as you want, or only one? And if more than one, can you repeat any action where you have a worker?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cyr
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LennyS wrote:
Follow up question about the Clock Tower: can you spend any number of the point tokens at the Prepare for Season as you want, or only one? And if more than one, can you repeat any action where you have a worker?

The card says, "At the beginning of Preparing for Season, you may pay 1 <point> from here ...", so I would assume you can only spend one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Froggy McFrogface
United States
FORT COLLINS
CO
flag msg tools
badge
When green is all there is to be, it could make you wonder why. But why wonder? I'm green, and it'll do fine: it's beautiful, and I think it's what I want to be.
mbmbmbmbmb
mikecyr wrote:
LennyS wrote:

The card says, "At the beginning of Preparing for Season, you may pay 1 <point> from here ...", so I would assume you can only spend one.

That was my interpretation as well, but it's ambiguous enough that it can be read either way. We came down on the side of "if you want to spend your victory points to gather resources, by all means do so."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wilson
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
LennyS wrote:

You may only spend 1 point token from the Clock Tower each time you Prepare for Season.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.