Brian Pierce
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am subscribed to many games and sometimes I get behind on my subscriptions. I don't want to miss valuable posts, but I also want to clear out my subscriptions in a timely manner. For example, over the holidays I built up about 1500 new alerts on 102 pages of subscriptions.

Currently, I go through page by page and mark each individual thread by clicking "mark read". This is very time consuming and currently my other alternative is just to purge it all and click "Mark All Read".

I think it would be very useful to have a compromise between these two. If I could quickly scan the entire page of subscriptions and click "Mark Page Read" if none of them were important to me, that would speed things up tremendously but still allow me to look through everything.

Just a suggestion I wanted to put out into the interwebs. If there is already a way to do this please let me know!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
col_w
United Kingdom
Poole
Dorset
flag msg tools
badge
mb
There's not a way to do it at the moment.

It's a good suggestion.

It's been suggested a lot before:

05/04 19-08-11 Subscriptions view: Mark page read (by jonjac)
02/01 14-12-09 Mark page as read (by jonjac)
04/02 05-04-10 Subscription Suggestion (by Riptcord)
11/07 06-03-11 Keep "Mark All read" and add "Mark page read" (by ronster0)
07/05 30-10-11 "mark all read" should apply only to current page (by cool username)
08/08 30-04-13 add a "[Mark this page read]" button to subscriptions (by tedhkim)
05/06 24-09-13 "Mark Read" a whole page of updates? (by Mestre dos Magos)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Pierce
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all of the links! Is there a better way to submit this suggestion where it will actually be seen? Is it possible to geekmail an admin?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
col_w
United Kingdom
Poole
Dorset
flag msg tools
badge
mb
This is the best place - they see things in this forum. But they don't necessarily reply to every thread.

The current focus of the developers is on a rewrite of the site code to make it more robust and scalable going forward, and perform better on mobile platforms (e.g. new beta image pages have just been unleashed that are more similar in design to the game pages).

So these sorts of suggestions, while still useful to make, are likely to be at the back of a long list of other items already in progress or planned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Pierce
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
col_w wrote:
This is the best place - they see things in this forum. But they don't necessarily reply to every thread.

The current focus of the developers is on a rewrite of the site code to make it more robust and scalable going forward, and perform better on mobile platforms (e.g. new beta image pages have just been unleashed that are more similar in design to the game pages).

So these sorts of suggestions, while still useful to make, are likely to be at the back of a long list of other items already in progress or planned.

Understood. I'm never on this part of the site so it is new to me. Thanks for your replies!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slamin Perfect
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
col_w wrote:
There's not a way to do it at the moment.

It's a good suggestion.

It's been suggested a lot before:

05/04 19-08-11 Subscriptions view: Mark page read (by jonjac)
02/01 14-12-09 Mark page as read (by jonjac)
04/02 05-04-10 Subscription Suggestion (by Riptcord)
11/07 06-03-11 Keep "Mark All read" and add "Mark page read" (by ronster0)
07/05 30-10-11 "mark all read" should apply only to current page (by cool username)
08/08 30-04-13 add a "[Mark this page read]" button to subscriptions (by tedhkim)
05/06 24-09-13 "Mark Read" a whole page of updates? (by Mestre dos Magos)

+∞
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slamin Perfect
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bpierce72 wrote:
I am subscribed to many games and sometimes I get behind on my subscriptions. I don't want to miss valuable posts, but I also want to clear out my subscriptions in a timely manner. For example, over the holidays I built up about 1500 new alerts on 102 pages of subscriptions.

Currently, I go through page by page and mark each individual thread by clicking "mark read". This is very time consuming and currently my other alternative is just to purge it all and click "Mark All Read".

I think it would be very useful to have a compromise between these two. If I could quickly scan the entire page of subscriptions and click "Mark Page Read" if none of them were important to me, that would speed things up tremendously but still allow me to look through everything.

Just a suggestion I wanted to put out into the interwebs. If there is already a way to do this please let me know!

It's quite astonishing that there isn't a better method. I have yet to come up with a process I consider satisfactory. A simple mark page read would be perfect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.