GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,575 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Charterstone» Forums » Rules

Subject: End of game 6 Guidepost timing [spoilers] rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brent Wilson
United States
Montgomery
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a question about the timing of the game 6 guide post.

The end of game rules say to process the guidepost and then count end game scoring and then score glory and then do other things like mark your personas.

But the game 6 guideposts interrupts itself and tells you to count end game scoring before opening it's crate.

Are you supposed to complete only step 2 (end game scoring) and then go back to open the crate or are you supposed to also score your glory and mark your stars etc before opening the crate?

Then it wants you to count up all the glory stars you have on your charter chest.

Does that include the glory "awarded" for completing the guidepost this game?

We read the guide post, awarded the glory for the guidepost, scored the reputation track, and then counted stars. We did not include the stars that were about to be added due to the scores from game 6.

In the past, we just tallied up all the glory we were going to get from that game and then filled in the stars all at once, but this guidepost made it seem like we should break that up and get stars from the guidepost first and then later get stars from our scores.

The order obviously matters since the specral worker is "given" to the player with the fewest stars. In our game it would have been tied if we counted before the guide post.

What happens with the spectral worker in the case of a tie?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The first thing you do is determine who achieves and scratches off the guidepost (as part of this step, players who achieve the guidepost should gain 1 glory. Then you read the bold text which says you should determine the scores for the current game. You'll add up those scores and enter them on the map.

You'll then proceed to open crate I or J, which ask you to look at your cumulative glory. At this point you will not have gained glory for points earned in the current game.

If there's a tie, roll the Charterstone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Wilson
United States
Montgomery
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
The first thing you do is determine who achieves and scratches off the guidepost (as part of this step, players who achieve the guidepost should gain 1 glory. Then you read the bold text which says you should determine the scores for the current game. You'll add up those scores and enter them on the map.

You'll then proceed to open crate I or J, which ask you to look at your cumulative glory. At this point you will not have gained glory for points earned in the current game.

If there's a tie, roll the Charterstone.

Thanks Jamey. That's how we did it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Foster
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I especially liked this guidepost

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose Maria García
Spain
Alcalá del Río
Sevilla
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gregfoster17 wrote:
I especially liked this guidepost

So nice and etereal laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.