Hide
4 Posts

Massive Darkness» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about Weretiger and Werewolf rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
P K
msg tools
I think I understand their special powers just fine, however the wording seems unnecessarily complex, so I'm wondering whether I'm missing something.

The Weretiger has: "Attack OR Defense: Blank results are Re-rolled one additional time."

As you never roll the Weretiger's Attack and Defense at the same time, shouldn't this just read: "Attack AND Defense: ..."? The "OR" feels like you have to choose, but as you never roll them at the same time, you would never need to choose, right?

The Werewolf has: " "Attack: +2 [swords]" if Werewolf has more Wounds than half its Health."

This is just the same as "... if Werewolf has less than half its Health remaining", right? Or do they mean it applies when it has MORE than half its Health remaining?

Thanks, Zeus

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brant Benoit
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The first one is quite simple - when rolling attack OR defense for the Weretiger, reroll any blanks. Eg. If he's attacking, reroll blanks. If he is defending, reroll his blanks. Basically, the Weretiger gets to reroll any blanks regardless if he's on the attack or defending.

Second is also easy - if he has more than half of his health in wounds, he gets 2 extra swords on his attack.

I think this is more an issue of over thinking than the wording being overly complex. robot
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The description of 'Attack OR Defense' is also listed in the glossary pages for Skills at the end of the rulebook.

Yes, it means less than half remaining Health.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Gaskill
United States
Bridgeton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ghool wrote:

I think this is more an issue of over thinking than the wording being overly complex. robot

We've all been there devil

OD
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.