Robert Anthony

Maryland
msg tools
mbmb
This is an entry in the 2018 54-Card Design Contest

Summary: Repertoire is a swordplay-themed game, where players collect and play action cards to strike their opponent while defending themselves from counterattacks. Repertoire incorporates elements of card drafting, hand management and bluffing, and also allows players to temporarily utilize a rotating set of action cards displayed in the center of the play area.

Components: 54 cards

Players: 2 (This game scales to 3-4 players with an additional deck and a minor addition to rules; however, for the purposes of this contest, the player count is 2.)

Approximate playing time: 20 minutes

Categories we would like to be considered for:
- Best Overall Game
- Best Artwork
- Best Graphical Design
- Best New Designer (this entry is submitted by “FairlyFlummoxed,” which is a collaborative effort)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JK
New Zealand
Katikati
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Re: [WIP] Repertoire - 2018 54-Card Design Contest [Components Ready]
This looks awesome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Tuck
United Kingdom
LONDON
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the illustrations - did you do them yourself?

Whilst it's tricky for me to test multiplayer games on my own (especially those requiring bluffing!) I do have a couple of comments on your files:

It would be better if the cards butted up to each other so that they shared common cut marks (that way half as many cuts). Also, your cards are currently smaller than poker size.

The text and icons are really small, especially on the Repertoire cards. It would help those of us with old eyes if they were made larger. There is plenty of space to increase the size, especially if you make the cards bigger.

Anyway, best of luck in the contest!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Anthony

Maryland
msg tools
mbmb
JohnKean wrote:
This looks awesome!

Thanks for the post! By the way - I downloaded the files for Fallen Angels ~ 2 seconds after reading the summary and seeing the photos. I'm looking forward to trying it out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Anthony

Maryland
msg tools
mbmb
tucky60 wrote:
I love the illustrations - did you do them yourself?

Whilst it's tricky for me to test multiplayer games on my own (especially those requiring bluffing!) I do have a couple of comments on your files:

It would be better if the cards butted up to each other so that they shared common cut marks (that way half as many cuts). Also, your cards are currently smaller than poker size.

The text and icons are really small, especially on the Repertoire cards. It would help those of us with old eyes if they were made larger. There is plenty of space to increase the size, especially if you make the cards bigger.

Anyway, best of luck in the contest!

Thanks. No - actually we had some of them done for another project. They ultimately weren't used for that, and a bunch of them ended up being a perfect fit for this game. Lucked out.

Points taken re formatting/size. I will look to address both in an updated version. Appreciate the feedback!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Anthony

Maryland
msg tools
mbmb
1.13.18 -- We've made a couple minor changes to the formatting of the card sheets, as well as one rules clarification. Please see new documents in the Dropbox link. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Anthony

Maryland
msg tools
mbmb
Update 2/7/18 - we've made some slight modifications to the card templates, and also included a true low-ink version without any artwork. I also managed to upload cards with dimensions that were slightly off on two occasions...that should be fixed now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruben Diaz
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Played Repertoire yesterday and I have to say I enjoyed it. It has the feel of a back and forth sword fight, gameplay certainly fits the theme.
Great game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Anthony

Maryland
msg tools
mbmb
starben1827 wrote:
Played Repertoire yesterday and I have to say I enjoyed it. It has the feel of a back and forth sword fight, gameplay certainly fits the theme.
Great game!

Thanks a lot! I appreciate you giving it a go, and am happy to hear you enjoyed it. If you had any issues come up while you were playing, e.g., rule ambiguity, dominant strategies, etc., I'd definitely like to hear it. Thanks again for checking it out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruben Diaz
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
The rules were quite clear and I understood them as best as you can when reading them and walking through the setup and game at the same time.

The first time I played it, I had the rules as a reference right by me to glance at during gameplay, only to make sure I was playing it correctly.

The second time I played it, I only had to reference the rules once, and it was only to confirm that I was playing the Disarm card correctly, when it comes to which card should be discarded (Repertoire Card). Nothing wrong with the clarity of the rules. Like most people, no one can remember all the rules after just playing it once.

The third time I played it, I had the rules down pat. So I longer had to look at the rules and obviously the game is more enjoyable once you know what you are doing. Which is the case with any game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.