GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,342 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
23 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Dragonfire» Forums » Rules

Subject: When to reveal a dragonfire card??? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim
Australia
flag msg tools
I am a little confused by a comment in the dragonfire rule book (page 10) where it says:

Quote:
For most Adventures, the game will start with revealing a
Dragonfire card. However, after Scene One, the end of a round
will often no longer coincide with revealing a Dragonfire card

What does this mean specifically? I am not sure if am overlooking something obvious.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
darkmellon wrote:
I am a little confused by a comment in the dragonfire rule book (page 10) where it says:

Quote:
For most Adventures, the game will start with revealing a
Dragonfire card. However, after Scene One, the end of a round
will often no longer coincide with revealing a Dragonfire card

What does this mean specifically? I am not sure if am overlooking something obvious.

They most likely mean 'end of a SCENE' may not coincide with revealing a Dragonfire card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Vazquez
msg tools
mbmbmb
The Dragonfire cards are revealed prior to the party leader´s turn.

The Dragonfire card is buried at end phase.

If the scene ended for example in the party leader´s turn the next scene will start at another player turn so there will be no Dragonfire card revealed till the next party leader´s turn.

This is a bit confusing and took me some games to reallize. It´s not clear enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lon

Pensacola
Florida
msg tools
mbmbmb
I didn’t get that nuance at first either. It’s hard to tell what that means until actually playing the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Vazquez
msg tools
mbmbmb
Lonfiction wrote:
I didn’t get that nuance at first either. It’s hard to tell what that means until actually playing the game.

I would say it still confusing and pass unnoticed even after several games.

It´s really easy to think "Let´s start the new scene, dont´t forget to reveal the new Dragonfire card". This "Only the party leader reveals cards" is not even highlighted in the rules and matters way too much

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slamin Perfect
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

In the complete rules sections:

DRAGONFIRE CARDS:

Immediately prior to the party leader’s turn, that player puts the current Dragonfire card (if any) into the discard, then draws the top card of the Dragonfire deck and reads the flavor text aloud. Then the player reads the applicable rules text aloud.

And bolded in that section:

The Party Leader Rarely Changes: For the first Scene, the above rules will also coincide with the start of a round. However, after the first Scene, new Scenes will often start with other players. The party leader rarely changes, and a new Dragonfire card is always only ever revealed directly before the start of the party leader’s turn, regardless of which player took the first turn of a new Scene. Only effects from the game may possibly change the party leader.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
majkmajk majkmajk
msg tools
Moreion wrote:
The Dragonfire cards are revealed prior to the party leader´s turn.

The Dragonfire card is buried at end phase.

If the scene ended for example in the party leader´s turn the next scene will start at another player turn so there will be no Dragonfire card revealed till the next party leader´s turn.

This is a bit confusing and took me some games to reallize. It´s not clear enough.

Thanks for this. I have played at least 70 games of Dragonfire and have always reset back to the party leader if we end a scene and the next player isn't the party leader.

In hindsight, it seems we have been playing a slightly harder mode as you can get a/some turn/turns in before the next DF card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
majkmajk wrote:
I have played at least 70 games of Dragonfire and have always reset back to the party leader if we end a scene and the next player isn't the party leader.

In hindsight, it seems we have been playing a slightly harder mode as you can get a/some turn/turns in before the next DF card.

Correct. Resetting back to the party leader is a common mistake. The next Scene starts with whoever's turn would have been next in the previous scene. The new DF card then doesn't ever come into play until just before the party leader's turn, whenever that is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
Australia
flag msg tools
Thanks all
Makes a lot more sense now

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Fermanich
msg tools
kcurtis wrote:
The next Scene starts with whoever's turn would have been next in the previous scene.

This is a rule that I looked over-and-over for in the rulebook, and in the FAQ. The thing that confused the issue was the statement in the rules that when all of the encounters were defeated that the "Round" ends immediately, when actually the Round is not ended, it is only interrupted until the next Scene starts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.