I do not understand rule book

you can advance if following
condition are sufficient:
1.at least 1 life point.
2.no face down route card
3.no repeated any danger icon.

if I already resolve my danger icons,
i donot have any route cards.

surely no repeated any danger icons and no face down route card.

but expample
when I play a advance action, I have any route cards are not resolved.
I donot understand this situation.

and

If I already Tamsk cards, I can't resolve until arrive 12th position.
In this case, I have any repeated danger icons on my route cards.
How to play a advance action?

if i play a advance action
1.reduce one life point
2.move my marker one space.
3.draw a route card and check immediate danger icon or not.
a.resolve immediate danger icon or not
b.i can't resolve any repeated danger icons because this is not resolve action.
So I have compulsory penalty because I have any repeated danger icons on the new drawn route card.

I do not understand rule book.

can you help me ?
thx to your kindness

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve O'Rourke
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
diddle74 wrote:

1.at least 1 life point.

but expample

and

1.reduce one life point
So I have compulsory penalty because I have any repeated danger icons on the new drawn route card.

can you help me ?
thx to your kindness

I'll try to help.

You are correct about the conditions to be able to advance. You have to lose one health to be able to move, so you can't advance if you don't have that to health point to give. And your route needs to allow movement forward - no route cards flipped over and no double dangers showing.

Resolving dangers is covering up the danger symbols on the route cards. When you do that (typically by discarding a card from your hand with a matching symbol), that may mean that a card is removed from the route or it may not mean that. Resolving dangers doesn't automatically mean that your route is completely free of cards. As a matter of fact, during the game you'll probably find that resolving dangers doesn't clear the table in front of you. Route cards you can't completely clear up stay face up on the table.

If all dangers on a route card are covered when you resolve dangers, the route card is removed. But many cards in the route decks have two dangers. You may not be able to completely clear them on any one resolve dangers turn. Or you may not have a matching card in the deck to resolve that danger when it's time to do that. So it is very likely that even after attempts to resolve dangers, you will still have route cards face up in front of you. The key question will be does that leave two of the same danger showing on your route. If it does, then all card penalties activate.

You are right that you can't resolve the dangers from the Tomsk (blinding) cards until you reach the duel. That makes it harder to avoid double dangers. How can you avoid them? You have to resolve the cards that come later. Remember that a Tomsk card will be put to the left of your route. It's like a new, big problem that is at the start of your route. As new route cards and new dangers are uncovered and placed on the right, they may match symbols on your Tomsk card. All you can do when that happens is resolve the dangers on the new route cards to solve that problem.

It's a difficult game, but worth the effort. Keep at it. The rules become more natural as you have practice with them. You may want to watch a play-through video to see it all in action. Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant F.
msg tools
sorourke wrote:
diddle74 wrote:

1.at least 1 life point.

but expample

and

1.reduce one life point

can you help me ?
thx to your kindness

I'll try to help.

You are correct about the conditions to be able to advance. You have to lose one health to be able to move, so you can't advance if you don't have that to health point to give. And your route needs to allow movement forward - no route cards flipped over and no double dangers showing.

Resolving dangers is covering up the danger symbols on the route cards. When you do that (typically by discarding a card from your hand with a matching symbol), that may mean that a card is removed from the route or it may not mean that. Resolving dangers doesn't automatically mean that your route is completely free of cards. As a matter of fact, during the game you'll probably find that resolving dangers doesn't clear the table in front of you. Route cards you can't completely clear up stay face up on the table.

If all dangers on a route card are covered when you resolve dangers, the route card is removed. But many cards in the route decks have two dangers. You may not be able to completely clear them on any one resolve dangers turn. Or you may not have a matching card in the deck to resolve that danger when it's time to do that. So it is very likely that even after attempts to resolving dangers, you will still have route cards face up in front of you. The key question will be does that leave two of the same danger showing on your route. If it does, then all card penalties activate.

You are right that you can't resolve the dangers from the Tomsk (blinding) cards until you reach the duel. That makes it harder to avoid double dangers. How can you avoid them? You have to resolve the cards that come later. Remember that a Tomsk card will be put to the left of your route. It's like a new, big problem that is at the start of your route. As new route cards and new dangers are uncovered and placed on the right, they may match symbols on your Tomsk card. All you can do when that happens is resolve the dangers on the new route cards to solve that problem.

It's a difficult game, but worth the effort. Keep at it. The rules become more natural as you have practice with them. You may want to watch a play-through video to see it all in action. Good luck!

That's a real good and clear explanation! Not everyone can be that good at explaining a game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve O'Rourke
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the very kind words, Donald. I hope it helped the original poster. The rules are tough to wrap your head around the first few times, but the game rewards repeated plays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.