Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Lutz
United States
Fowlerville
Michigan
flag msg tools
I owned archipelago at one point.
It was sold to purchase games that would see more table time.
As our gaming group has evolved, we miss archipelago.

Where would I find if a reprinting is ever going to happen?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Radosław Michalak
Poland
Bytom
flag msg tools
Gaming is for having fun. Fun requires clear rules.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here http://archipelago.ludically.com/ it says that it should be available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiggo Morrison
United Kingdom
Bridgnorth
Shropshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

As Radziol says, it is definitely available direct from Ludically. I ordered a copy and it arrived just before Christmas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Bartels
United States
Spring
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the linked site, there is no shipping to the U.S., which I assume is the OP's home country. As far as I can tell, it is out of stock in the U.S., but Amazon indicates that copies should be arriving in March.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is available on Amazon as well.

https://www.amazon.com/Asmodee-ARCH01US-Archipelago-Game/dp/...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Bartels
United States
Spring
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PolarDad wrote:

As I said, it will be available in March.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo Bartok
Germany
Zwingenberg
Hessen
flag msg tools
Interaction leads to Immersion.
badge
Immersion leads to Fun.
mbmbmbmbmb
So is this coming back to regular retail?
Including War & Peace?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Heshka
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Not sure I trust a date from a 3rd party seller on Amazon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Bartels
United States
Spring
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
H3SH wrote:
Not sure I trust a date from a 3rd party seller on Amazon.

I agree, which is why I said that Amazon indicates that it will be available March.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duo Maxwell
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
I still have the game and it is one of my favorites but the game is long and if you play this with the wrong group of people be prepared for torture (imo) as someone tries to intentionally cause unrest so that everyone loses because they know they can not win.

Wait....wait....before people bite my head off. I realize that in the game design space, yes, playing so everyone loses is a viable action especially if you know you can not win. I totally get that, however, I do not play that way nor do the people I play with and that is how "we" enjoy it.
We try to optimize what we have and if we see the end coming and we think we can not win we still try to optimize points to win.

This game reminds me of New Angeles another game which I love. New Angeles did not go over well with my game group and I would definitely not play Archipelago with them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo Bartok
Germany
Zwingenberg
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
Immersion leads to Fun.
mbmbmbmbmb
> as someone tries to intentionally cause unrest so that everyone loses because they know they can not win.

sounds like a game design mistake not a group mistake, much like in Dead of Winter.

However I did not have that problem in New Angeles so far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Panagiotis
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
... Leave early.
mbmbmbmbmb
cbrook29 wrote:
I still have the game and it is one of my favorites but the game is long and if you play this with the wrong group of people be prepared for torture (imo) as someone tries to intentionally cause unrest so that everyone loses because they know they can not win.

Wait....wait....before people bite my head off. I realize that in the game design space, yes, playing so everyone loses is a viable action especially if you know you can not win. I totally get that, however, I do not play that way nor do the people I play with and that is how "we" enjoy it.
We try to optimize what we have and if we see the end coming and we think we can not win we still try to optimize points to win.

This game reminds me of New Angeles another game which I love. New Angeles did not go over well with my game group and I would definitely not play Archipelago with them.

What does this have to do with reprinting?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo Bartok
Germany
Zwingenberg
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
Immersion leads to Fun.
mbmbmbmbmb
Pokeweed Mitogen wrote:
cbrook29 wrote:

What does this have to do with reprinting?

Whats your comment contributing to?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hung Nguyen
Vietnam
Hanoi
flag msg tools
Anyone has updated information on reprinting. Can it make it before Orgin or even Gencon or even this year? Ludically's website is down for upgrade.

Found this on another thread https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1857901/will-ever-be-update...
Dreamnought wrote:
Just heard back from Ludically, they are planning on a reprint but are waiting to hear back from their partners in each country.

Does this mean they are still surveying the market's demand to estimate the number of copies they need to make?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moritz Jakobi
Germany
Hamburg
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
I'd like to know this to!
Is there any official information from the publishers?
I would love to own this gem. It looked so nice in the 2 vids SU&SD made.
Sadly, Ludically's site is still down for maintenance (and their last FB-Posts are from about 1.5 years ago).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gard R.
Norway
Akershus
flag msg tools
A online shop in my country are expecting the game to be in stock 30th June (previously it said unconfirmed and kept pushing the date).

Also, it looks like a site is up!
https://www.asmodee.us/en/games/archipelago/products/archipe...

Edit:
The site is still down: http://www.ludically.com/
Dunno how I found that other above, but at least it says in production at that site.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan McInnis
United States
Palmer
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wanted to give some updated information on this topic thread. I partially backed Living Planet, the most recent KS by Christophe and he made the following comment on May 29th in response to someone asking if Archipelago could be available as an add-on:

as an add-on ??? LoL
I guess you are joking
Seriously, Archipelago should go into reprint soon... We are desperately expecting (for quite some time now) the numbers to reprint per country from Asmodee... As soon as we get those quantities per country, we should launch the reprint. Then the games will be available in the shops all around the world (or almost I hope).

So, that is a strong vote for it is coming soon'ish.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Enid
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just messaged asmodee about reprint.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Enid
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Jake (Asmodee North America)

Sep 5, 14:03 CDT

Hello! Unfortunately we don't have an arrival estimate yet, but the game will be reprinted and rereleased as soon as we can. Keep your eye out for any news!

Thanks,
---
Jake
Customer Service Team
customerservice@asmodeena.com
(651) 631-1905
Asmodee North America

Not the news we want to see, but it's better news than no plans to reprint. It does seem the reprint isn't happening anywhere near as soon as stated earlier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo Bartok
Germany
Zwingenberg
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
Immersion leads to Fun.
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there any way to get on a newsletter to receive reprinting news ASAP?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Enid
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CoolStuff has removed this from their catalog. May be some internal cleanup. May be a bad sign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Challis
United Kingdom
Hungerford
West Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The designer has said they will reprint, but not until after they finish with Living Planet, which is their focus right now, for KS fulfillment.

I'm sure it will be back in print, but all the early dates distributors and shops were giving seem more based on hope than information.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nic P
Sweden
flag msg tools
Any news about the reprint.
This game is out of stock in entier Europe!!
Come on!

I mean, are not the developers of this game hungry for making money?
or is it so that nobody will buy this game so they will not reprint it?
Cost is to high?

News?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Challis
United Kingdom
Hungerford
West Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NicGamz wrote:

I mean, are not the developers of this game hungry for making money?
or is it so that nobody will buy this game so they will not reprint it?
Cost is to high?

More likely their funds are tied up in Living Planet which they are publishing themselves also. Do you read the information here?

Archipelago will be reprinted. It won't be this year though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Gaudin
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hello everybody, speaking on the behalf of the Ludically team : we confirm that Archipelago is being reprinted as we speak.

It seems that we missed this thread, and we therefore apologize for the silence, but the game should be available by the end of the month !

Regards,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.