Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Boyd
United States
North Richland Hills
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do any stores have preorders available for the upcoming 3rd printing of Anachrony? I'm ready for Mindclash to take my money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron H
United States
Newark
DE
flag msg tools
Broth runs deep through our veins.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Legendesque has a soft pre-order for it, and a recent Facebook post indicates that they expect to receive the game pretty soon.

Signing up doesn't necessarily reserve you a copy, but Elliott will notify you when he receives the game. In the past, he has held copies for a few days, too, for anyone who requests a notification, but I do not know if he still does that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Boyd
United States
North Richland Hills
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, I'll check that store out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Sombrero
msg tools
mb
Any idea when we will be able to preorder expansions from the Mindclash site?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fear The Clown
msg tools
mbmbmb
Man I got so lucky, I found someone on Facebook selling an opened full copy of Anachrony at retail price. He'd already listed it sold so I just took a shot and PMed him to let me know if the buyer backed out and voila I get a message the next morning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Kelley
United States
Unspecified
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
Did Miniature Market already get this back in-stock and now gone?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vishnu Krishnan
United States
Morrisville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I wanted to get this game for quite some time after playing at friend's place. So i emailed Mind Clash Games, Cool Stuffs inc, Miniature market about the availability. thought I would post here making it easy for people to know status about the game.

Reply from Mind Clash Games:

Hi,
you'll be able to order Anachrony from our webshop next week

Also to note: the Cerebria pledge will be closing today, giving one final chance for late pledge and also to add Anachrony as add on to the pledge.

Reply from Cool Stuffs Inc

Thanks for shopping with us. We have no confirmation that these games will be arriving at this time, but we're hoping that the item isn't delayed.

MM

The game is in stock at MM. however the Exosuit Commander pack which was available as of yesterday went OOS today. Hoping to see this come back in stock

Funagain Games

The game is OOS but available to place an order and get it shipped when it becomes available. This is how it works i guess.

Amazon

Ridiculously priced but available on 31st January to ship

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Triest
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So are these guys remaking the minis???

I remember the KS saying that the minis were a limited printing.

If this is not so why back the Kickstarter then? I throw my game sleeves out...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Riley
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Nos operamur, te ludere
badge
"Life is more fun if you play games." - Roald Dahl
mbmbmbmbmb
philtrees wrote:

The minis have proven popular enough that they're printing and selling them in regular distribution. I believe in the Kickstarter they were offered only as a limited run because in the small print numbers they originally went with, the economy of scale was not good enough to sell through retail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
philtrees wrote:

Because if everybody thought like that, we wouldn't have made the game

Plus you got the Doomsday enhancement pack for free

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Triest
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TDaver wrote:
philtrees wrote:

Because if everybody thought like that, we wouldn't have made the game

Plus you got the Doomsday enhancement pack for free

You said they were a limited run...

I believed you.

Doubt I'll be ksing anything else from you here on in.

Nothing personal but limited print run means exactly that. It was why I bothered ksing to begin with. Why should ppl take the risk and ks if there is no carrot? That's my thoughts as an investor in anything.

Best of luck for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick L
Denmark
Danmark
flag msg tools
That's right. I've got overtext, b****!©
badge
What did I just say?
mbmbmbmbmb
philtrees wrote:
You said they were a limited run...

I believed you.

Doubt I'll be ksing anything else from you here on in.

Nothing personal but limited print run means exactly that. It was why I bothered ksing to begin with. Why should ppl take the risk and ks if there is no carrot? That's my thoughts as an investor in anything.

Best of luck for you.

Actually, no. The minis wasn't kickstarter exclusive. The plan was however that they wouldn't be available in retail due to a high MRSP.

Mindclash found a way to make it happen anyway. Good for them.

Just setting the facts straight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John B
United States
Mountain view
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
maybe this helps:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1927779/csi-anachrony-47

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
philtrees wrote:

Nothing personal but limited print run means exactly that.
No it doesn't. Limited print run means "less copies".
Quote:
It was why I bothered ksing to begin with. Why should ppl take the risk and ks if there is no carrot? That's my thoughts as an investor in anything.

Once again, not KSing any product is your right We honestly don't mind, as long as enough people think that the product is worth "trusting in", the product will happen, and you can then buy it afterwards.

Quote:
Best of luck for you.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Challis
United Kingdom
Hungerford
West Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You did say 'No Retail' which this certainly is - I have to say, I'd not Kickstart anything of yours again for the 'exclusives' which is about the only reason to KS in my view.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Riley
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Nos operamur, te ludere
badge
"Life is more fun if you play games." - Roald Dahl
mbmbmbmbmb
Kelanen wrote:
You did say 'No Retail' which this certainly is - I have to say, I'd not Kickstart anything of yours again for the 'exclusives' which is about the only reason to KS in my view.

First, as David pointed out, they never said these would be exclusive. They just didn't think it was economically feasible to sell them at retail. There are lots of great games that just never find the traction and without KS wouldn't exist at all. It was always possible that this would be one of those, in which case the minis wouldn't have been available anywhere else. I suspect they'll use more hedging language in the future.

But sheesh -- Mindclash did right by the backers -- we got the games first, we didn't get put at the end of the queue after retailers or whatnot, we got the sweet Leader box, we got a great game. Cut them some slack. There are so many KS people who do things poorly, why not celebrate the successes? Also, a small business has a chance to make a solid footing for themselves and expand. YAY, I say.

If they had sent out a Kickstarter announcement explaining first, would you be happy then? Or would you have been one of those people who comment on the thread "NO. I got mine. Those other people can go jump off a bridge."

Or are you so aggrieved to have spent the extra money that... wait a second... the Leader Box was $79 with free shipping on Kickstarter (perhaps for shipping to the UK this tips the balance _slightly_ in favor of CSI, I don't know). The retail for the game plus the commander box is now $115, and at a discount from Coolstuff it's... $83 for the two. And I got the game almost a year ago. So I didn't pay more. I paid less, got free shipping, got a cool box that holds all of it, and got it a year ago. Seems like a good deal to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you so much Brendan for saving me from explaining all this
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Challis
United Kingdom
Hungerford
West Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Brendan, those points are all correct, but not relevant to the point a couple of us made. Even taking account of all that, yes, I think this decision lacks integrity.

Mindclash can do what they want, and people will vote with their feet. But in short I expect a commitment to be kept, even if subsequently it turns out to be a bad idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Triest
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kelanen wrote:
Brendan, those points are all correct, but not relevant to the point a couple of us made. Even taking account of all that, yes, I think this decision lacks integrity.

Mindclash can do what they want, and people will vote with their feet. But in short I expect a commitment to be kept, even if subsequently it turns out to be a bad idea.

I agree here. This feels underhanded to me as well. I don't think you set out to do this but to now put the minis in pretty much "buy as like" status is against what you stated previously during the campaign (see a few posts above).

I do think it is great that Mindclash is doing well because you do create quality designs. Many of us do tick in a way that expects extra content for jumping on a game the general public knows little about and we expect a bit extra in return. Others may not feel this way which is fine.

I will be sitting on the sidelines here on out though and judge whether a game is worth buying once it hits retail like I do most other companies now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Schmidt
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope Mindclash will join the group of creators and publishers that explicitly say NO to Kickstarter exclusives!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Challis
United Kingdom
Hungerford
West Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SpecularRain wrote:
I hope Mindclash will join the group of creators and publishers that explicitly say NO to Kickstarter exclusives!

Pragmatically speaking, they shouldn't use Kickstarter then. It's been shown to have a massive impact. I only back a Kickstarter if the value proposition is significantly better than retail - that's rarely the case in pricing, it's mostly via Kickstarter exclusives. The really big, successful campaigns (raising millions) all rely on a lot of exclusives.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Schmidt
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kelanen wrote:
SpecularRain wrote:

Pragmatically speaking, they shouldn't use Kickstarter then. It's been shown to have a massive impact. I only back a Kickstarter if the value proposition is significantly better than retail - that's rarely the case in pricing, it's mostly via Kickstarter exclusives. The really big, successful campaigns (raising millions) all rely on a lot of exclusives.

That's only true if Kickstarter is your main or only sales platform. For any publisher that hopes to take their game to retail, any Kickstarter exclusives will only work against the number of retail sales.

I think exclusives are in each and every case detrimental to the game overall, and I think people who back only for exclusives are therefore detrimental to the game overall. I have no problem with you backing whatever project you like, but I also have no problem with you staying away from any project, especially those I would like to back

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Challis
United Kingdom
Hungerford
West Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SpecularRain wrote:

That's only true if Kickstarter is your main or only sales platform. For any publisher that hopes to take their game to retail, any Kickstarter exclusives will only work against the number of retail sales.

No it's not - Rising Sun raised over $4m, the last few Zombicides have got $4-5m, all of which have gimped versions at retail, and huge quantities of KS Exclusives. I don't consider retail to Rising Sun to be worth getting at all for example.

CMON seeming to be doing very well with a product still going through to retail (no idea why anyone buys it there), and lots of KS exclusives.

By all means you can dislike it, but commercially, it works.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SpecularRain wrote:

To my knowledge MCG (or any other publisher I work with) has never done a gameplay exclusive to date.

Since I would never ever back a campaign where the main reason to back is FOMO, I hope it stays that way
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Schmidt
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kelanen wrote:
SpecularRain wrote:

No it's not - Rising Sun raised over $4m, the last few Zombicides have got $4-5m, all of which have gimped versions at retail, and huge quantities of KS Exclusives. I don't consider retail to Rising Sun to be worth getting at all for example.

CMON seeming to be doing very well with a product still going through to retail (no idea why anyone buys it there), and lots of KS exclusives.

By all means you can dislike it, but commercially, it works.

You say you have no idea why anyone would buy Rising Sun at retail, and that's exactly my point. A game with loads of exclusives will do better on Kickstarter, but it will do worse in retail.

But my main argument has nothing to do with the business perspective anyway. It's got to do with the gameplay perspective.

Gameplay exclusives are just plain evil in my humble opinion. And I honestly don't even think I should have to justify that position.

When it comes to non-gameplay exclusives, it's less obviously a problem, but the immense focus on exclusives that many campaigns experience will arguably take focus off the core game itself. That is a bad thing to me.

As I said earlier, I think anyone who backs a boardgame for the exclusives are backing it for the wrong reasons, not from the backer's perspective perhaps, but from the perspective of the quality of the game itself. As such, any influence that backer exerts on the design and production of the game will, in general, tend to be a negative influence.

So for me, a publisher's promise to stay away from exclusives is a promise to keep their focus on creating the best game possible. That's why I'm backing games to begin with, to get a great game. For the money I put down, I expect the creator and publisher to make their best effort to create a great game, and not spend time and money on satisfying the needs of people demanding exclusives.

PS: Isaac Childres' track record on Kickstarter is pretty decent, and he doesn't like exclusives either
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.