Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Larry Underwood
United States
Alpharetta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The card reads "You may make sparkling wine with 1 red and 1 white." If you do this what should the value of the sparkling wine be? Do you add the values of both together as you normally would? I would think this would be the case, but I just wanted to be sure. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Molokov (AU)
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds right. So a 3 Red and 4 White would make a 7 sparkling. Given that Sparkling only starts at 7, you'll need to make sure your red and white source grapes add up to at least 7.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Sperling
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Fooled you!
badge
Click to edit.
mbmbmbmbmb
Molokov wrote:
Sounds right. So a 3 Red and 4 White would make a 7 sparkling. Given that Sparkling only starts at 7, you'll need to make sure your red and white source grapes add up to at least 7.

I would be inclined to say that no matter what grapes get used, it should start at 7 (though this does go against the rules as written). Otherwise, it imposes an unnecessary impediment. Though by the time I’m making sparkling wine I’m making it to fill an order in the current or following year, so its never been an issue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's correct--there's no such thing as a 6-value sparkling wine in Viticulture.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.