Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roger S
United States
Bolingbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules state that you count "all Locations built in your empire" but the FAQ says to only count Faction buildings to determine win/loss against the Virtual player.

I understand typos and printing mistakes, but here is a big difference here. How could the rulebook be so wrong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
schiavonir wrote:
The rules state that you count "all Locations built in your empire" but the FAQ says to only count Faction buildings to determine win/loss against the Virtual player.

I understand typos and printing mistakes, but here is a big difference here. How could the rulebook be so wrong?

1) I am not sure which FAQ you reference. I only know of one official one and it does not have any clarifications on the solo game.

2) the rulebook online (all I have access to at the moment) doesn't say "all" as you have quoted. And while it doesn't make a distinction here about Faction only, the opening paragraph under Goal does state Faction Locations. So while it should have been clearer here, it isn't necessarily contradictory to the opening rules.

Maybe the printed version is different than what they have up now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Reevo
United Kingdom
Ipswich
Suffolk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Generally, I’m never sure about anything but I’m pretty sure about the answer to this; only the Factions are counted against the Virtial Player. The Common Cards are the scored for the total end-game score if you’re successful in beating the Virtual Player.

Don’t ask me to cite my information because I don’t know!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger S
United States
Bolingbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the PDF rulebook:

After the 5th round, count all the cards in the Collection
pile of the virtual player. If the virtual player has more
or just as many cards in his Collection pile as you have
Locations built in your empire, you lose. On the other
hand, if you have more Locations, you win and you
should count the VP value of your Locations in the
normal way. Add it to your Victory Points scored during
the game so you know your final score and can try to
beat it next time you play solo. Also, check how well you
E) did in the achievement table.

From the FAQ created by BGG user schnel:
https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/107424/faq-imperial-settl...

At the end of the solo game, do you only compare your faction buildings to the virtual player’s collection pile or do you compare your faction and common buildings?
Faction buildings only.

Ah, I see the Goal section talks about just scoring Faction Buildings.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it was just an unfortunate miss of that one word in this section. they are obviously trying to make a distinction that you count "-" Locations to get the win vs. all Locations stated later on to get the final score.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.