Subject: Aeon's End Solo Marathon - Sign Up Here! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Farydia Pseudo
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi folks,

I enjoy this game tremendously, so I thought, why not set up a kind of boss run challenge mode up and see who would like to join? Please read the rules and conditions below before signing up, thank you!

Overview
What's this about? Well, here goes:
Every participant chooses one mage from the base game, The Nameless or The Depth expansion and will play with that mage against one Nemesis each round. One round will last about 2 - 3 weeks, within that timeframe you must defeat the boss with your mage. You will then earn a reward that you may carry over into the next boss battle. Each participant who does not manage to defeat the boss before the round is over, is eliminated.
The Marathon ends when either all participants are eliminated or the last Nemesis has been defeated.
The market for each round will be the same for everyone and is announced once the round starts.

HowblankdoblankIblanksignblankup?
Simply reply to this thread and choose the mage you would like to play and hasn't been chosen by anyone else. Each mage may only be chosen by one player, however, if there is more interest in this marathon challenge, I will open up a second bracket. Sign up closes on January 31st, the first round will then start on February 1st.

Whatblankwillblankhappenblankinblankablankround?
I will announce the Nemesis each mage has to defeat, according to the normal rules. I will also list the cards available in the market for the round. Every participant will then have a time window until closure of the round to defeat the Nemesis as per the official solo rules as written in the 2nd edition rulebook (10 life for the first game, you don't lose if you're exhausted, 3 player turn order cards, 2 Nemesis turn order cards). You may make as many attempts as you would like (and find the time for ) and may choose the outcome you like best. For example, if you won, but were exhausted in one game and ended with 5 life in a second attempt, you may report the better attempt for your official result. You may update your result until the round closes. You will receive a maximum of 4 rewards, based on your performance:
1 reward if you defeated the Nemesis at all
2 rewards if you managed to defeat the Nemesis in Tier 2
3 rewards if you managed to defeat the Nemesis in Tier 1
1 extra reward if you were not exhausted
You can exchange rewards for benefits for your next game, I will announce in each round what awards are available for that round.
Yours and Gravehold's life is not reset between games, instead you will heal 7 HP for your mage and 20 HP for Gravehold, up to the respective maximum. More can be bought through rewards.

HowblankdoblankIblankreportblankmyblankresult?
Simply reply to the current round thread. Your submission MUST contain:
- The outcome of your game (see Rewards)
- Your remaining life (after healing, see above)
- Gravehold's remaining life (after healing, see above)
- The rewards you would like to claim
Your submission MAY contain:
- Information about your deck and strategy
You are encouraged to include:
- A heroic tale of bravery during your defence of the City.

Otherblankstuff
Everyone who reaches the next round will receive 10 .
This thread will serve as a summary thread of current standings as the Marathon progresses. I heartily recommend every participant subscribe to it!

Please observe the gamer's code of honor: Be nice to each other, be honest and most important: Have fun! meeple

TheblankMagesblankFirstblankBracket
Adelheim (DorkPassenger)
Brama (Netslummer)
Jian (Bovineofdoom)
Kadir (Ellionious)
Lash (Farydia)
Malastar (Kin Hassar)
Mist (flaeryn)
Nym (phoenixandy)
Phaedraxa (TryRaptor)
Reeve (cajuntechie)
Xaxos (gfelga)
Z'Hana (Razoupaf)
Indira (qxc0)

TheblankMagesblankblankSecondblankBracket
Adelheim (Mecherath)
Brama (MrMaigo)
Jian (dajebriza)
Kadir (wsmithjr)
Lash (Sford)
Malastar (RaleyD)
Mist (Mist314)
Nym (Danneq)
Phaedraxa (ArcDice)
Reeve (wozzit)
Xaxos (rehberg)
Z'Hana (worshipsf)

TheblankNemesis
Round 1: Rageborne

I hope, that covers everything. If you have any questions, feel free to ask! And of course, I'm also open to suggestions .
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dreux Barbier
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like Reeve
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elliot Davis
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Great idea! I'm in. Is it cheesy to take Kadir? She is really good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guilherme Felga
Brazil
Santana de Parnaíba
São Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I’m in with Xaxos
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael O'Brien
United States
Jupiter
FL
flag msg tools
All day, every day.
badge
Moo.
mbmbmbmbmb
This sounds neat - can I nab Jian?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
Fun but I'm already on an Extinction challenge

GL,HF! (I would have taken Z'hana by the way)

EDIT:

Screw it.

I take Z'hana.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Farydia Pseudo
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool, great to have you all in for this, almost half the spots are already filled! I'll wait for a while until I choose, as the organiser I don't want to nab the popular ones myself .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Stanford
United Kingdom
Baildon
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Completely random choice, can I take Nym?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kin Hassar
France
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, Can I be Malastar?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Black
United States
Colonie
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Sounds like fun! Could I have Adelheim?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Vallina
United States
Buffalo
NY
flag msg tools
if I'm Andy, is Zack April? seems right...
badge
"When I get bummed out, I take my shirt off because the bad feelings make me feel sweaty."
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in! Brama! heart
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♬ Stephanie ♩♪♩♪♩ ♩♪♩♪♫♪
United States
In the middle of nowhere
New York
flag msg tools
Honey + Yeast + Time = Nectar of the Gods
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll try Mist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Farydia Pseudo
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Whoa, that went fast. Ok, I'll go with Lash. Once the last spot (Phaedraxa) is taken and if there are still people interested in joining, I will open a second bracket.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dimitri Teirlinck
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Well I'll try with Phaedraxa. The first round I should survive. I don't know for the next rounds but we will all see

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Vallina
United States
Buffalo
NY
flag msg tools
badge
"When I get bummed out, I take my shirt off because the bad feelings make me feel sweaty."
mbmbmbmbmb
hmm is it an issue that I have first edition AE from the original KS? Is there something different with the rules? Is this why it specifically mentions 2nd edition?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Black
United States
Colonie
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If I remember correctly the only difference is "you don't lose if you're exhausted" was added for 2nd edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Vallina
United States
Buffalo
NY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DorkPassenger wrote:
If I remember correctly the only difference is "you don't lose if you're exhausted" was added for 2nd edition.
cool cool. thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, we'll use that rule?

Now I'm confident I can make it up to Blight Lord But no way I get past him!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Black
United States
Colonie
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Netslummer wrote:
DorkPassenger wrote:
cool cool. thanks

I don't have the 2nd edition rules either, but I'll compare them between my 1st Edition and War Eternal which I assume as the same as 2nd Printing/Edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Smith
United States
West Nyack
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're going to open up a second bracket, I'd like to get my request in for Kadir. ninja

Don't really know how good and/or better she is than any others, but being new to the game, I probably need all the help I can get. cool

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Black
United States
Colonie
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It appears we're not using stuff from the War Eternal arc. Safe to assume we shouldn't use any War Eternal/promo basic nemesis cards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Farydia Pseudo
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Netslummer wrote:
hmm is it an issue that I have first edition AE from the original KS? Is there something different with the rules? Is this why it specifically mentions 2nd edition?

I had to define something, to make sure that everyone plays with the same rules. I have the 2nd edition, so I took that. To my knowledge everything else (except for the artwork) is the same between editions, so you should be fine!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Farydia Pseudo
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DorkPassenger wrote:
It appears we're not using stuff from the War Eternal arc. Safe to assume we shouldn't use any War Eternal/promo basic nemesis cards?

At this time, we won't use anything from the War Eternal stuff. I'm not sure how many people actually own both, so I didn't want to mix things, so people don't have to proxy cards or anything like that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Farydia Pseudo
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wsmithjr wrote:
If you're going to open up a second bracket, I'd like to get my request in for Kadir. ninja

Don't really know how good and/or better she is than any others, but being new to the game, I probably need all the help I can get. cool

Thanks.

Ok, I'll open up the second bracket. You're in!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
roy rehberg
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I’ll take xaxos for the second Bracket please
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.