Thumb up
1 Posts

Tiny Epic Western» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Solo Session - Medium difficulty rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Enjoyed a quick but challenging game today.

I took the role of the Outlaw which helped me win a duel part way through the game with this character's extra 2 bonus points ability in duels.

My poker hands were not good at the start of the game and I could tell by the end of round three that it was very unlikely I would win by the value of buildings cards I had vs the rival. It's tempting to pack the game in at a time like this, but I was curious to see how close I could make the score and it's a very quick game anyway.

I managed to purchased three extra properties in rounds 5 and 6 and with the Wanted Card bonus I narrowed the points gap with my 19 points vs the rival's 25. I was quite pleased with this.

Something new I learned this game: I experienced my first "tie" with a poker hand (where my "modified" card exactly matched that of a rival's so we had the same hand wherever we competed) so by referring to BGG past threads on this matter I quickly ascertained that in cases such as this I should use my natural (unmodified) hand to resolve ties.

I play exactly to the solo rules except those relating to duels. I modified it so that both myself and the rival automatically add a random card value to our dice values as I think this is a fairer system than in the solo rules (which only state the rival can add a card value, and suggests elsewhere in the rules that the player has to pay an industry point to add a card value if they wish).

It's taken me a while and a few sessions to work out the rules but it's been worth it as I find this a really enjoyable game to play now - and of course it's nice and portable so I can take it on my travels. I might even try another game from the Tiny Epic series.

Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.