Great Western Trail» Forums » General

Subject: Pretty boss that this is top 10 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lorry Moller
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice to see Mister Pfister enter the rarefied air of the BGG Top Ten, his games are basically an auto-buy for me at this point and I think he is the designer I most look forward to for their next games. Congrats to a cool game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Shaw
United Kingdom
Chepstow
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LorryMoller wrote:
Nice to see Mister Pfister enter the rarefied air of the BGG Top Ten, his games are basically an auto-buy for me at this point and I think he is the designer I most look forward to for their next games. Congrats to a cool game!

Absolutely. GWT is my #1 and the only I've rated 10/10. It's design perfection and a game I truly think I'll never tire of.

If I only I knew what he was working on next....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michał Pietrzak
Poland
Zgierz
flag msg tools
badge
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
mbmbmbmbmb
I love GWT, but I'm also very sad that Castles of Burgundy is out of top 10 now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay M
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations to Mr. Pfister, and this is still my favorite game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Fawcett
United Kingdom
Northwich
Cheshire
flag msg tools
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
badge
There's just one kind of favor I'll ask for you - you can see that my grave is kept clean
mbmbmbmbmb
Race Bannon wrote:
Congratulations to Mr. Pfister, and this is still my favorite game.

+1 for that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Pfister
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you! I feel very honored about this game being Top 10. That said I believe one can't say that game #10(GWT) is better than game #11(Castles of Burgundy) or even #20. It's a nice statistic however!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Willo
Australia
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
AlexP wrote:
Thank you! I feel very honored about this game being Top 10. That said I believe one can't say that game #10(GWT) is better than game #11(Castles of Burgundy) or even #20. It's a nice statistic however!

Hey Pfister! Stop wasting time on reading forum threads and get back to work on that next great game of yours.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michał Pietrzak
Poland
Zgierz
flag msg tools
badge
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
mbmbmbmbmb
skritter wrote:
AlexP wrote:

Hey Pfister! Stop wasting time on reading forum threads and get back to work on that next great game of yours.

Oh, c'mon, it's nothing compared to George R.R. Martin!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This is the only game in the top 10 I actually enjoy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave S.
United States
Des Moines
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
smcshaw wrote:
LorryMoller wrote:

Absolutely. GWT is my #1 and the only I've rated 10/10. It's design perfection and a game I truly think I'll never tire of.

If I only I knew what he was working on next....

Check out this thread where Mr. Pfister mentions a new medium weight game hitting Kickstarter some time in the near future: https://boardgamegeek.com/article/27893508#27893508

Oh, and yeah, GWT is amazing. I was able to play it again last night, which was the first time in a few months and it was great! I made so many tiny mistakes, but the game was still so satisfying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Sum
United Kingdom
Sutton coldfield
West midlands
flag msg tools
mb
I got the game but not have the chance to play it yet. Got mombasa and that was 10 out 10. Can GWT beat it? I wonder....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay M
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Summy76 wrote:
I got the game but not have the chance to play it yet. Got mombasa and that was 10 out 10. Can GWT beat it? I wonder....

I am wondering the same thing but in reverse -- my love for GWT caused me to track down Mombasa, but have not yet played.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
#9!!!! awesome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Velox
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AdelinDumitru wrote:
#9!!!! awesome!

Comin' fo yo ass, Gloomhaven.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.