Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zach Anderson
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mb
Hello all!

I have a question concerning placing tiles. Let's say my entire board is filled with tiles, but i need another fence area. Could I place a fence area over a ploughed dirt/farming tile?

I guess im asking if you can replace tiles that are already developed if you change your mind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
You can't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Einmal ist keinmal
United States
Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
You'll Never Walk Alone
mbmbmbmbmb
danishviking88 wrote:
Hello all!

I have a question concerning placing tiles. Let's say my entire board is filled with tiles, but i need another fence area. Could I place a fence area over a ploughed dirt/farming tile?

I guess im asking if you can replace tiles that are already developed if you change your mind.

No, you cannot fence in a field. You can only fence in a meadow (green grass tile). But, you can do this even if your board is filled up, of course, because you are merely altering the existing tile(s).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach Anderson
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mb
I'm sorry, that was a poor example, let me clarify:

Can I pay one ruby to place a meadow over an existing dirt spot?

Or another example, the double tile that has a ore mine on it, could I pay 2 rubies and place an open space (the one that is ready to furnish a room) over the non-ore mine side of that card?

Thanks for the help, I hope this isn't too repetitive I am still trying to understand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
danishviking88 wrote:
I'm sorry, that was a poor example, let me clarify:

Can I pay one ruby to place a meadow over an existing dirt spot?

Or another example, the double tile that has a ore mine on it, could I pay 2 rubies and place an open space (the one that is ready to furnish a room) over the non-ore mine side of that card?

Thanks for the help, I hope this isn't too repetitive I am still trying to understand.

No. The rules are very clear on what types of tiles can go on top of other tiles. Ore mines/deep tunnels go on ordinary tunnels, ruby mines go on any tunnels (ordinary or deep), rooms go on caverns, pastures go on meadows. That's it.

(I'm assuming by "dirt spot" you mean a plowed field)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach Anderson
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mb
Thank you very much everyone for your help! I have having a bit of a hard time understanding that. I appreciate it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.