United States
West Babylon
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a scary clown!
mbmbmbmbmb
Long shot, but i figured i'd ask.

I seem to be missing a viper, and i'd like to make my set complete again, as i have always loved loved LOVED this game.

I had the thought that i could use my spiffy new 3D printer to print one out, but the ones i found on places like Thingiverse seem to be other representations and not a model to be used for the boardgame.

So i just just curious if anyone knew of a spot where i could grab the file to print one.

And before anyone asks, i just wrote fantasy flight in the hopes that they could send a replacement, so this may all be moot in the end, but i figured id ask.

thanks again all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
slyde wrote:
And before anyone asks, i just wrote fantasy flight in the hopes that they could send a replacement, so this may all be moot in the end, but i figured id ask.

Since I can't ask, I'll just make a statement - this should solve the problem for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Anderson
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought their stated policy was that they didn't replace components you lost or damaged yourself. Maybe they don't always follow that, but that's what I remember seeing. I would gladly PAY for a whole new set of skill cards if I could, mine have been through the mill.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew DiGregorio
United States
West Babylon
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a scary clown!
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
slyde wrote:

Since I can't ask, I'll just make a statement - this should solve the problem for you.

Well, like John stated below, i am not sure if they will actually send me one, so i figured i'd ask here as well.

At the very least, its an excuse to play with my new printer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They state that so they have an out. But I haven't heard of anyone getting refused if it was a reasonable request that they had in stock.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone who has Exodus have 2 extra. whistle

(or 4 if not playing with CFB)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Wong
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you tried Shapeways?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew DiGregorio
United States
West Babylon
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a scary clown!
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
They state that so they have an out. But I haven't heard of anyone getting refused if it was a reasonable request that they had in stock.

Thanks Brian,

I have sent in the request, so we'll see.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew DiGregorio
United States
West Babylon
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a scary clown!
mbmbmbmbmb
saxophone wrote:
Have you tried Shapeways?

i have not. only thingiverse. i can give shapeways a shot, too...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ged Ciur
msg tools
I lost my viper maybe two years ago and when I wrote to fantasyflightgames they sent me one. So good luck and maybe you will get yours back
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
puck71 wrote:
I thought their stated policy was that they didn't replace components you lost or damaged yourself. Maybe they don't always follow that, but that's what I remember seeing. I would gladly PAY for a whole new set of skill cards if I could, mine have been through the mill.
Well, the thing is, they'd be hard pressed to prove it. If you bought it from another individual, there likely won't be any bill of sales, receipt, or other records. They won't really know if your "new copy" really was NIS, or maybe the dog did chew it up beyond recognition.

AFAIK, it's a generic clause that puts something into writing, giving them the leeway to decline requests at their discretion. Especially for things like "My copy of BSG Daybreak is incomplete. I'd like to get a replacement set of character cards, cardboard stands, crisis cards, Mutiny cards, skill cards, centurion miniatures, assault raptor miniatures, and miracle tokens".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew DiGregorio
United States
West Babylon
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a scary clown!
mbmbmbmbmb
Blynas wrote:
I lost my viper maybe two years ago and when I wrote to fantasyflightgames they sent me one. So good luck and maybe you will get yours back

awesome to know.. keeping my fingers crossed. thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew DiGregorio
United States
West Babylon
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a scary clown!
mbmbmbmbmb
hey guys...

just wanted to give a final update that Fantasy Flight really came through and sent me my missing viper.

Thanks FF for great customer service!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.