Subject: Yin Yin bo bin, bannana fanna fo fin.... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Derek Jensen
United States
California
flag msg tools
The Yin are scary.
Midgame, with cruiser 2, daxive animators, Yin Spinner, Impulse Core, and Integrated economy, they can cheaply make fleets of 2 cruisers, 2 GF, and 3 destroyers. they invade a poorly defended system of, say, 2 cruisers and 2 Infantry on Arnor and Lor, and the battle begins.
Imulse core takes down first cruiser, and your fleet should take the second at minimal losses (2 destroyer max). The third destroyer is for potential PDS.
Then, invasion combat. Indoctrination turns the 2 Infantry to your side, Daxive Animators puts 2 more GF on each planet, and Integrated Economy produces the 3 Destroyers that you lost. Because you produced units twice (once for each planet), Yin Spinner throws down 2 more infantry. End of the round, you gained arnor and lor and 6 Infantry, leaving 4 per planet. If someone retaliates, sacrifice your ships to destroy the enemy's carrier, and even if you lose there is no way they will take back the planets, especially because you can indoctrinate the first Ground force they land. If they fail to take you down on their first try, indoctrination+daxive animators will give you another 2 GF per planet. soon as you get the chance, put up PDS for planetary shield and the system is yours forever.

Another strategy for the Yin is for early game. Round 1, after grabbing leadership, put 1 counter in strategy and the other 2 in fleet supply. use secondary of tech for anything you like, use the secondary of diplomacy to refresh darien and the best planet you took. use the secondary of warfare to produce in your home system- 4 destroyers and a cruiser, using darien, your other refreshed planet, and sarween tools. Then consolidate allies, name an public enemy (a late game race, Jol-Nar is perfect), talk up how dangerous they are, and take a collection of offers in exchange for shutting down their early expansion. Move your newly made fleet in their direction, talk up how effective devotion will be early game against their carriers, and eventually concede to taking a hefty bribe to not remove them from play on round 2.
I understand this will take considerable political skill, as well as an early strategy card pick, but it isn't too hard to pull off.
Thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Theo Mags
Australia
flag msg tools
I've been dwelling on Yin's racial techs and how you could effectively use them.

I think the game designers have done an excellent job balancing the racial techs for each race, but I can't quite grasp Yin's. It feels like they started with the right idea of theme and ability but toned them down for fear of being too strong. Now to me they are placed too deep down their respective trees to be really viable.

Has anyone had any experiences using them effectively? I mean their techs specifically.

I don't think yin spinner triggers with integrated economy, it needs a unit to make use of its produce ability. For yin spinner to be viable my thought is this is a tech you would want first or second round, as such to me it shouldnt have had any tech prerequisites. Then you could pick it up on the way to cruiser 2 and not have to worry about producing gfs anymore.

Devotion core can be useful and I think it can synergize well with PDS upgrades for defence, integrated economy to help replenish it following use and assault cannons, but for the last it's too tech heavy an investment and for the former two too circumstantial in its use case?? If this was an alternative to magen (ie red tech 1 prereq) im thinking it would work great. You could pick up cruiser 2 via yin spinner and then devotion on the way to destroyer 2 , and finally assault cannons for some really potent fleet action. As it stands though I'm not sure how to make either of these techs work more often than not.

I do admit no experience playing ti4 so maybe I'm missing something,..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ä ä

Wyoming
msg tools
Yin Spinner doesnt work with integrated economy, because you dont use production, you just produce units.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Couch
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dsjensen19 wrote:
The Yin are scary.
Midgame, with cruiser 2, daxive animators, Yin Spinner, Impulse Core, and Integrated economy, they can cheaply make fleets of 2 cruisers, 2 GF, and 3 destroyers. they invade a poorly defended system of, say, 2 cruisers and 2 Infantry on Arnor and Lor, and the battle begins.
Imulse core takes down first cruiser, and your fleet should take the second at minimal losses (2 destroyer max). The third destroyer is for potential PDS.
Then, invasion combat. Indoctrination turns the 2 Infantry to your side, Daxive Animators puts 2 more GF on each planet, and Integrated Economy produces the 3 Destroyers that you lost. Because you produced units twice (once for each planet), Yin Spinner throws down 2 more infantry. End of the round, you gained arnor and lor and 6 Infantry, leaving 4 per planet. If someone retaliates, sacrifice your ships to destroy the enemy's carrier, and even if you lose there is no way they will take back the planets, especially because you can indoctrinate the first Ground force they land. If they fail to take you down on their first try, indoctrination+daxive animators will give you another 2 GF per planet. soon as you get the chance, put up PDS for planetary shield and the system is yours forever.

Another strategy for the Yin is for early game. Round 1, after grabbing leadership, put 1 counter in strategy and the other 2 in fleet supply. use secondary of tech for anything you like, use the secondary of diplomacy to refresh darien and the best planet you took. use the secondary of warfare to produce in your home system- 4 destroyers and a cruiser, using darien, your other refreshed planet, and sarween tools. Then consolidate allies, name an public enemy (a late game race, Jol-Nar is perfect), talk up how dangerous they are, and take a collection of offers in exchange for shutting down their early expansion. Move your newly made fleet in their direction, talk up how effective devotion will be early game against their carriers, and eventually concede to taking a hefty bribe to not remove them from play on round 2.
I understand this will take considerable political skill, as well as an early strategy card pick, but it isn't too hard to pull off.
Thoughts?

That is a vast number of techs. Intergrated economy has 3 prerequisites. As does Cruiser 2. Add both racials and diaxcive that's a lot of techs. I don't think this is a mid game play
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Avery Bailey
United States
Kansas City
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the problem I see with most Yin theories. If you get a whole bunch of tech, and a really big fleet, and find a system relatively undefended, THEN you can sacrifice your whole fleet and then spend all the money to build it again.

With L1Z1X, you can crush the carriers with a dread and some carriers, then bombard the planet. You don't have 6GF, but you also didn't have to spend all that influence, money, and fleet just to take a system no one was looking after.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Jensen
United States
California
flag msg tools
Probably right. unless you score a red, a green, and a yellow tech specialty, it will take a while to get to. probably better is to focus on cruiser 2 and daxive animators. As long as you keep to undefended planets, you shouldn't have a problem using devotion and daxive animators to get an extra 2 per planet.
And I was wrong about Yin Spinner, I read the card wrong. now it seems like a pretty lame tech.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.