Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mark selleck
Australia
Alice Springs
NT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I have played a few quests of Massive darkness, a few from the base game and one from the expansion quest book. Though most of my games have been with 4 players.

Tonight I am hosting a game night and I now have 6 players for the game tonight. I just wanted to get peoples opions on which quest would work best with 6 players.

Im a little worried that having 6 players will leed to a bit of down time also im hoping not to blow out a quest into an epic 5 hour game either.

Any advice would be great

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Messick
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
designedbyryno.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Wish I could give advice but I would love to know what you ended up with and how it went?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark selleck
Australia
Alice Springs
NT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I ended up searching for a quest with a timer. Quest 4 and 5 caught my eye and I ended up going with quest 5 as I saw a lot of people on other forums saying it was a good quest.

Having said that this was probably the quikest and easiest session of massive darknes that I have played even though we had 6 players.

****Slight Spoilers below*****

Having Elias in our party definatly made this scenario on the easier side with his teleport ability. We were able to completely by pass the level 3 tile and Elias was able to teleport into a room to pick up the firworks on the level 2 board while everyone else fought the enmies. He then was able to teleport out the other side then get onto the bridge lay the fireworks, attracting the immortal. Once the immortal arrived on the bridge Elias was able to finish off the pillars he had weakned before the immortal got on the bridge. (obviously this was done over a few rounds).

Most of our heroes only had level 2 eqipment at the end of the game and we only needed to use 1 fireworks token. Also this is the first quest where not 1 hero was killed (most other quest iv played we have been down to our last life)

So I have to say I wasnt that impressed with this quest though having said that things would have been a lot harder with Elias.

Also I think going with a quest with a timer works best with 6 players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Menial
Germany
Rödermark
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jesters_race wrote:

****Slight Spoilers below*****

Having Elias in our party definatly made this scenario on the easier side with his teleport ability. We were able to completely by pass the level 3 tile and Elias was able to teleport into a room to pick up the firworks on the level 2 board while everyone else fought the enmies. He then was able to teleport out the other side then get onto the bridge lay the fireworks, attracting the immortal. Once the immortal arrived on the bridge Elias was able to finish off the pillars he had weakned before the immortal got on the bridge. (obviously this was done over a few rounds).

We also played this scenario yesterday and found out that the fireworks disappear at the end of the round when they are put on the map. So in our opinion you need at least two fireworks to get the Immortal the bridge as he only moves two spaces when he activates.

Can someone confirm this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark selleck
Australia
Alice Springs
NT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ah yes I just saw it in the scenario rules. We must have glossed over that and had assumed it stayed on the board until the immortal reached it.

Would change things a bit

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.