Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Charles Waterman
United States
Commerce Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I get that Automatas may cause some things to happen which will slow the game down due to players having to make more decisions based on what Automatas do.

However, will using Automata bring the end game sooner? How much sooner?

(I'm wondering about this as I have a group of players who may try to extend the game length a lot by not using influence cubes.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam R
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
The automa will not stall the game or make it go by fast it’s got a good balance but chances are of your group wants to stall the games then the auto will go against that. The automa will keep building and opening crates which will progress the game towards the end.

At least this has been my own experience with it.

If your group is looking to make the game last a while the. I would not recommend playing with the automa.

The automa is a great option, probably one of the best (if not the best) automated system for a game that I’ve ever come across but the game shines at all player counts, I personally don’t think it’s needed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
montebanc wrote:
I get that Automatas may cause some things to happen which will slow the game down due to players having to make more decisions based on what Automatas do.

However, will using Automata bring the end game sooner? How much sooner?

(I'm wondering about this as I have a group of players who may try to extend the game length a lot by not using influence cubes.)

We designed the Automas to move the game towards the end of the game at about the same pace as a human player and they'll continue to do so whether the human players do so or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.