Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rick Loosemore
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
Hi there,

Really looking forward to my UK pre-order to ship and I've been boning up o the rule book before it arrives.

Has anyone tried the Chaos Threat Theory Variant? How did it play?

I really like the idea of it thematically, because instead of mitigating against a known additional threat, it's more like life-uh-finding a way.

Mechanically as well it seems interesting. Do I hedge my bets and spend the extra workers on more security just in case, or do I push my luck and hope for a generous roll?

Without playing it I imagine I'll employ different rules for different crowds. In two-player with my wife and maybe with super-euro-nuts, I'd stick to the original. For my parents and (one of) my brothers who would be drawn in by the theme much more than the maths and engine building, I'd say the risk of patrons going the way of dino-dinner is going to elicit more smiles than a well balanced park!

But I'd love to know people's experiences.

Thanks.

Rick

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Buckle
United Kingdom
Thornton Heath
Croydon
flag msg tools
designer
NSKN are publishing my next game :)
badge
Imperium - coming sometime
mbmbmbmbmb
It probably has more impact in the early game where you’re tight for cash and not pulling many visitors from the bag. It might increase value of stuff that boosts your security.

It will depend on player preference - with a group who don’t much like the hooligan mechanic I suspect this variant won’t be popular.

I don’t mind either way, but I’ll play the standard game until we want some variety. I suspect I’m more likely to include it playing solo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.