Adrian Hague
United Kingdom
Bristol
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
RAWKET LAWNCHA!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a little confused about size limits.

I understand that if an organism's size is greater than that listed on any of its mutations, it atrophies that mutation/ mutations (E6a)

Furthermore, if an organism's size is greater than that printed in its Genotype card it goes extinct or becomes a kiwi (E6b)

If an archetype Genotype (size=1) has two promoted mutations, one with a size limit 4 and the other 6, and the archetype Genotype player performs two resize actions to bring the archetype Genotype to size=3, does the archetype remain in play per E6a or does it go extinct/ kiwi per E6b?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom Rougier
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The die printed on the archetype card isn't the same symbol as "size limit", it's just a place to hold the die. The Archetype has no size limit.

This is why the Kiwi rule can exist - you can always replace an extinct genotype with a previously-extincted Archetype genotype.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Hague
United Kingdom
Bristol
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
RAWKET LAWNCHA!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for clearing that up so quickly Dom!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom Rougier
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No worries man, we should really sort out a game sometime

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dima Tylik
United States
Westborough
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Domfluff wrote:
The die printed on the archetype card isn't the same symbol as "size limit", it's just a place to hold the die. The Archetype has no size limit.

This is why the Kiwi rule can exist - you can always replace an extinct genotype with a previously-extincted Archetype genotype.

I thought that becoming a Kiwi is only possible when speciating..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Fenton
United States
Tomball
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tylik wrote:
I thought that becoming a Kiwi is only possible when speciating..

Read E6b:
Quote:
The Kiwi Rule. If, after a resize or speciate, the size of your Genotype is larger than the maximum size printed on its card, it is replaced by a new Archetype species called a kiwi (so-named because it has lost its ability to fly, swim, etc.).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dima Tylik
United States
Westborough
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, David

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.