Thumb up
1 Posts

FREAKFACE!!!» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Freakface: First Game Highlights rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Luke Tau
flag msg tools
My partner and I played half a dozen games of Psycho Raiders to familiarise ourselves with how these kinds of games work before giving FREAKFACE a go. There are still some things we're not clear on but we just play with what seems most fun. Having played both I'd probably recommend Psycho Raiders if you're playing 2-player and FREAKFACE for a larger group. FREAKFACE just has so many characters that turns could get overwhelming. It also demands a lot more table space. Anyway, our first game highlights:

Lucinda was the first to escape the tent. Unfortunately for them a fog rolled in and they didn't have the movement to get through the fence. Freakface caught up and half-headed Lucinda with the syringe (sounds really painful)!

Randy broke into the tent and came face-to-face with the Four-Headed Freak. They proceeded to blow all four heads away without taking a lick of damage.

Barry narrowly dodged death after being attacked by Lucian riding the Harvester. They broke out, being chased by the motorcycle-riding shotgun-weilding Freakface (so dang cool). Much to my partner's disappointment, Barry was revealed to be sinister just before they could escape along the western fence.

Vaughn. Oh, Vaughn. Vaughn almost escaped off the north side of the map with half a dozen creeps chasing them. A song came over the PA, inspiring the freak horde. This was enough for the Human Rope to grab them and endlessly drag Vaughn back into the tent in a manner only the Human Rope could. At this point my partner conceded that Vaughn was a lost cause (0 strength to HR's 5). We sped up the finale where Vaughn was dragged all the way into the laboratory to become... THE TARANTULA MAN!

Lucinda was killed by Freakface, Barry had a mental breakdown and became evil, Vaughn, inches from freedom, was dragged back into hell. And Randy, seeing no reason to continue escaped off the North side (which fits given their appearance in Psycho Raiders).

This was a blast. The game offers so many opportunities to make awesome decisions, and I wish more of our friends could appreciate FREAKFACE's mature theme.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.