4 Posts

Specter Ops» Forums » General

Subject: my painted minis rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lap Tran
msg tools
mbmbmb
I really enjoyed painting this set. There were a variety of different "creatures" to try out various paints and techniques. Still a lot to learn, and my brush control is a long way from being developed, but even this much makes the game that much more enjoyable on the table.

I find that eyes are really difficult to get a handle on. The area is so tiny that I end up slopping up the whites or the surrounding skin. Ah well, I've plenty of other miniatures to practice on. I initially tried to paint the bases red or blue metallic with my cheaply purchased craft paints, but found that it sloshed or gooped about too much. In the end, I simply painted the sides of the bases in that metallic paint and repainted the tops black. It looks red in the pictures because of reflections from the box.

Blue Jay

Cobra

Orangutan

Spider

The Beast

The Gun

The Prophet

The Puppet
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kendra Rea
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These are beautiful! We enjoy painting minis too! What kind of paint do you use? We use liquitex basics acrylics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lap Tran
msg tools
mbmbmb
Leftyrea wrote:
These are beautiful! We enjoy painting minis too! What kind of paint do you use? We use liquitex basics acrylics.

Thanks!

I mostly used Vallejo and army painter paints - sets and bottles that I got for cheap on amazon. I did try some craft store paints for the bases, but it was too goopy and sloshy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lap Tran
msg tools
mbmbmb
Leftyrea wrote:

For cobra’s sword, I smeared blue pen ink over the silver. I tried to draw the electric lines with the pen but didn’t like how that looked but liked the effect when I tried to rub it off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.