Subject: Dragonfire Card mechanics and summons gold questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven LaGorce
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mb
1-What happens when a Dragonfire card targets an unconscious character? Kill the wizard for example.
A)Ignore it since the wizard is already dead.
B)Move the encounters to the Wizard's body.
B1)Then slide the encounters to the next character.
B2)Wait until it is the Wizard's 'turn' and move the encounters as usual.

I found it strange that I could not find anything in the rule book or the forums covering this. It seems too easy to ignore any Dragonfire card that targets an unconscious character.

2-Which summoned encounters give you gold? From reading cards, it looks like summoned encounters from any source should award gold when defeated unless the summoning card or encounter says otherwise. The reason I ask this question I have already answered is that I thought the general rule was no gold for summoned encounters. I could not find a reference for this and can't remember why I think this is correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
toeknee n
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gorski1234 wrote:
1-What happens when a Dragonfire card targets an unconscious character? Kill the wizard for example.

I found it strange that I could not find anything in the rule book or the forums covering this. It seems too easy to ignore any Dragonfire card that targets an unconscious character.

2-Which summoned encounters give you gold? From reading cards, it looks like summoned encounters from any source should award gold when defeated unless the summoning card or encounter says otherwise. The reason I ask this question I have already answered is that I thought the general rule was no gold for summoned encounters. I could not find a reference for this and can't remember why I think this is correct.

For your first question, see the rules:
rules pg. 22 wrote:
An Unconscious character is out of the game for the remainder of the Scene...If a card indicates an effect for a Class Type no longer active in the current Scene because they’ve become Unconscious, randomly determine where it applies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Principia

Virginia
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gorski1234 wrote:

I can't answer as to where you got the latter idea, but summoned creatures do pay out when defeated unless there is a special condition (say, from a Dragonfire card) that stipulates the summoned encounter does not pay out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lon

Pensacola
Florida
msg tools
mbmbmb
Somebody been playing too much Gloomhaven? So far as I can tell in this game, summons always pay out, unless a specific card effect says otherwise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.