Dan Caram
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I understand that the winner takes his Defenders from his fortresses and removes them from the game, but does the winner keep his fortresses in front of him or do they go to the center of the table for the start of the next round?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bez Shahriari
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmb
Each 'round' is a new game.

Setup as explained on cards.

I believe fortresses go back into the centre unless otherwise stated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Caram
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
The rules say that the winner removes the defenders below all their fortresses and put them in the box - I understand this. My question is about the Fortress cards themselves. Which is correct?

1) Does the winner keep the fortresses in front of him (with no defenders)?

2) Do the losers shuffle their fortresses back into the next play deck?

3) Does everyone put their fortresses back into the center?

4) Does everyone shuffle the fortresses back into the next play deck?

I would appreciate some clarification. We played all the way through, but I'm not certain we did the right thing regarding the fortresses between rounds. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henning Kröpke
Germany
Ascheberg
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The correct answer is 3).

You simply start each game with all revealed fortresses in the center.

Nobody keeps any fortresses between two games.

Henning
(2F-Spiele)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Caram
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lief Klein Konijntje
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
Willem Elsschot, great Flemish writer
mbmbmbmbmb
So even the non-winners lose their castle reinforcements? We played that everyone kept their own fortresses between rounds, the winner without defenders, the losers kept their defenders. This worked nicely, but it is wrong? It's a completely clean slate every round?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
flag msg tools
CHA was my dump stat
badge
Snob of the People
mbmbmbmbmb
I was fairly sure that all Fortresses go back into the center after a game, but there was a little bit of uncertainty because the rules cards always say “Fortress” (singular), thus leading to an argument that only the first Fortress (value 3) is in the center at game start.

Great game! I love the compare and contrast with Fear! Also, the art in both those games is AWESOME!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Waterman
United States
Commerce Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LiefKleinKonijntje wrote:
So even the non-winners lose their castle reinforcements? We played that everyone kept their own fortresses between rounds, the winner without defenders, the losers kept their defenders. This worked nicely, but it is wrong? It's a completely clean slate every round?

Completely clean slate, except that ALL the revealed Fortresses start out in the middle of the table unclaimed the following round. They don't get reshuffled into the deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.