Thumb up
2 Posts

60 Seconds to Save the World» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Am I missing something?? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J- Dawg
msg tools
Let's start off with the not-so-good. The rules are written really poorly. Confusing wording meant that I had to re-read the rulebook several times. Also, there are certain rules that are simply wrong (e.g., moving leaders around the board) and, remarkably, the final copy also contains typos (e.g., virulent).

That said, I think we could like this game. It's a fun card-building challenge.

However, I don't understand one game mechanic in particular:

What would be the purpose of showing other players my cards? We all know what type of plan we are trying to enact. (We all see "CURE" or "DIVERT," so we would be looking to use that same type.)

All of this is to say that I think I am missing something here. Am I missing something?? Even on the advanced mode, we finished this game in less than 15 minutes by discarding thumbs-down cards at the end of our turn and then redrawing until we found thumbs-up cards (as described on page 11: "You may also discard one card from your hand before you enter the draw phrase"). We didn't need to communicate to see what was going on.

Jason Tagmire, you're our only hope!
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Tagmire
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Hey, hope I can help.

Early on, you may want to share information so you can decide which solution to go with. But later you might want to show your hand to other players so they can feed cards your way, or so they can pull cards from you via fax. Sometimes one player will build up solid fax abilities, but doesn’t have the solution card and can use their fax to help the team. If they know which player has the cards, it gives direction.

Sharing information helps feed the faxes, but faxes are pretty lightly used.

Hope this helps!
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.