Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Degann
United States
Tarzana
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Played By: Dave A. Jonathan D. Winton L. Tim O.

Oooh - somehow this game ended up taking us 2 hours to play. Not sure how that happened - there was no obvious culprit - but that's at least 45 minutes too long.

I found myself in a situation where it didn't seem worthwhile going for technologies, and instead focused on lots of technologies and bonuses. It was not enough, and I trailed badly. I also think that player order is pretty important here. The player in fourth position (myself) has to hold back for the first epoch because he gets no income.

I enjoy the game. It really forces you to focus on a very tight resource management challenge. Additionally, as we play more, we've come to appreciate more the challenge of deciding what order to auction items. One mistake can cost you ALOT of income. I do find its reliance on auctions to make it a little dry - which is why I'd like to play next time with a one hour target.
Winner(s): Dave A.
Ratings: Jonathan D. (7)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.