Dust Tactics» Forums » General

Subject: Dust World Expo 2018? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mario Martinez
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello All,

Dusts Expo for the last five years has been announced around August and usually occurs in February or March. I have yet to see anything for Dust World Expo in Phoenix, Az. Does anyone know if it is happening this year?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Haglund
Sweden
Göteborg
Västra Götaland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From what I've heard it been discontinued unfortunately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Triest
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great game that died from too many self inflicted stab wounds from the designer. Definitely not a great business man but very creative!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus G
Sweden
Gothenburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
philtrees wrote:
Great game that died from too many self inflicted stab wounds from the designer. Definitely not a great business man but very creative!

The event, Dust World Expo, has been discontinued. The game, Dust 1947, is very much alive. In fact, it's in a much better place than it has been for many years.

Yes, the game contains some Zombies, but over all it most certainly is not dead
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Smith
United Kingdom
Gillingham
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No it's not, at one time I could buy from several sources in the UK, now NONE stock it, only in the US is the game working. Dust commited suicide and now no distributor wants to touch it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus G
Sweden
Gothenburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Major Mishap wrote:
No it's not, at one time I could buy from several sources in the UK, now NONE stock it, only in the US is the game working. Dust commited suicide and now no distributor wants to touch it.

I'm sorry to hear that. If you haven't asked your local store yet you should ask them to contact Marek at Warfactory.pl who is distributing the game in Europe. If your local store says no, you can always order directly from Warfactory.pl

I'm not in the US so I don't really know what the state of the game is over there. However, I know for sure that Dust Studio is releasing loads of new stuff, and at least in Sweden, Poland and Germany Dust 1947 is growing day by day.

I also know that Warfactory has visited Salute (and possibly other shows) in the UK so hopefully some retailers will "get on the train" soon (my guess is that they will when they realize how fast it's actually moving).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marwan Marwan مروان مروان
Canada
Greater Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

The game lives on as Dust 1947:
https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/203800/dust-1947

Come join us for discussion and games!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.