Subject: Call for Playtesters rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Carr
United States
Colorado Springs
flag msg tools
Hi Everyone,

I'm excited to share that Tank Duel is ready for playtesting.

We will be playtesting in two phases - first, the multiplayer playtests, which start this week, followed in early February by Solitaire playtesting (we want to hammer out any obvious problems with the rules before moving to Solitaire testing).

If you're interested in helping us, we are taking everyone - as the designer, Mike, is fond of saying "This is an all volunteer effort" so there are no expectations of your time. We are looking for folks who are passionate about making Tank Duel as good as it can be.

So how do you test?

We are using Google Groups to organize the testers, so please geekmail me with your email address and I will add you to the group later this week. I have collected a few email addresses from folks here and elsewhere; if you're not sure that I have your info, go ahead and send it again! I'll be reaching out to folks who contacted me earlier in the next 24 hours.

Testing will use Vassal primarily, however we will make the files available for folks to make their own physical copies if they wish. It's not a light job - there are 18 tank boards, nearly 200 cards, 3 sheets of counters... It's a monster PnP effort (I know, I've done it!). Think of it as the Iosef Stalin of fast action card games.

If you aren't familiar with Vassal but are willing to learn, Mike is planning to offer a run through of the game, teaching the basics and also explaining the Vassal mod.

If you have any questions, I'm a geekmail away. Looking forward to playing with some of you!
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.