Thumb up
 Hide
173 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [7] | 

Board Game: Gloomhaven
Gloomhaven» Forums » General

Subject: New App for the Game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Software [+] Game [+] Variant [+] Downloads [+] Variants [+] Download [+] App [+] Application [+] Gloomhaven [+] [View All]
Don Brisson
Canada
flag msg tools
Hey Everyone,

I tried to upload it into the forum download part, but it keeps crashing. So i figured i would just put it up on here. I made an admin app for myself and some friends and figured i'd share it with the gloomhaven community. There's a pic below to give you an idea of what it looks like. You can download it for Mac, Win or Linux it works best at 1920x1080 resolution but should be ok for the others.

I've got no plans to put it up on the stores or to make a mobile version.

External image

Here are the links.

Windows:
https://goo.gl/MFFsVi

Mac:
https://goo.gl/hCpsBw

Linux:
https://goo.gl/n1GqV2

Hope you enjoy it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Wexler
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
hazelvine wrote:
Hey Everyone,

I tried to upload it into the forum download part, but it keeps crashing. So i figured i would just put it up on here. I made an admin app for myself and some friends and figured i'd share it with the gloomhaven community. There's a pic below to give you an idea of what it looks like. You can download it for Mac, Win or Linux it works best at 1920x1080 resolution but should be ok for the others.

I've got no plans to put it up on the stores or to make a mobile version.

External image

Here are the links.

Windows:
https://goo.gl/MFFsVi

Mac:
https://goo.gl/hCpsBw

Linux:
https://goo.gl/n1GqV2

Hope you enjoy it!
Thanks, Don! I downloaded of the Facebook post this morning. As I don't actually have the game in hand yet I can only tool around in the app, but so far things look grand. Thanks for sharing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Sparks
United States
Crosby
Texas
flag msg tools
Microbadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Copper Board Game Collector
It looks great, but I'm having trouble opening it. Could you explain how to go about opening it? I'm using a Mac computer. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I like elephants. I like how they swing through trees.
Microbadge: Spongebob Squarepants fanMicrobadge: Chuck fanMicrobadge: MusicianMicrobadge: Hockey fanMicrobadge: Watership Down fan
What does it do? That picture is too small.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Vance
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Android: Netrunner fanMicrobadge: Star Wars: Imperial Assault fanMicrobadge: I play Dominion with all the expansions mixed in.Microbadge: Caverna: The Cave Farmers fanMicrobadge: Gloomhaven fan
This is super great Don. I was thinking of building a thing like this (but much more spare) to manage the monster decks myself but now I don't have to!

For other folks looking to download: Google shows the zip contents like a directory but you just want to download the whole zip so click the down arrow in the top right after following the download link. On Mac you'll need to right or Control-click the application once unzipped and choose Open then confirm in the resulting dialog box.

Don: what about a confirmation dialog for a round reset and changing the monster modifier reshuffle icon to match the rotating arrow symbols.

Honestly, the Cephalofair Games should pay you (or take it over for you) to make this available in regular app stores and on mobile as it takes care of a lot of the tracking and shuffling hassles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt M
United States
NoVA
Virginia
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Seasons fanMicrobadge: Charterstone fanMicrobadge: Washington Capitals fanMicrobadge: Clank! Legacy: Acquisitions IncorporatedMicrobadge: Twilight Imperium fan
would you prefer feedback be posted here? or facebook? I downloaded it a few minutes after you posted to facebook - is this a new version? (had the same question about the attack modifier deck, and the curses.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Vance
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Android: Netrunner fanMicrobadge: Star Wars: Imperial Assault fanMicrobadge: I play Dominion with all the expansions mixed in.Microbadge: Caverna: The Cave Farmers fanMicrobadge: Gloomhaven fan
From gallery of nickv2002

Here's a larger screenshot (click through for the much bigger version).

The app tracks monster status as well as handling their action and modifier decks. Elemental infusion and rounds are also tracked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Brisson
Canada
flag msg tools
You download it, then unzip it. I believe you just double click on the .app file, but i don't know a mac so i'm not a 100% certain...

If you have facebook go to this group:
https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=gloomhaven%20board%20...

the mac users on there seemed to know what to do

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Brisson
Canada
flag msg tools
Best on facebook, i'm having a hard time with BGG for some reason

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabor Ironat
United States
California
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Level 01 BGG posterMicrobadge: War of the Ring fanMicrobadge: Broom Service fan
This looks amazing, i really wish you would do an ios version... that would be PERFECT (id pay for it)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel Gonzalez
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Vital Lacerda fanMicrobadge: Scythe fanMicrobadge: Terraforming Mars FanMicrobadge: Fan of Stonemaier GamesMicrobadge: 2019 Silver Supporter
Tanori wrote:
This looks amazing, i really wish you would do an ios version... that would be PERFECT (id pay for it)
Second that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Brisson
Canada
flag msg tools
Problem with iOS is that i have to get the Developer Certificate from Apple, create a company, then go through the whole iStore process which is a headache in itself and i'm STILL not guaranteed to get it into the store unless they are 100% satisfied with it.

Trust me, i wish i could just publish it to iOS and give it to you guys like you can do with the Android Apps.

Let's just say Apple's shield is too high level for my dispell ability for now But maybe in time i'll level up lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabor Ironat
United States
California
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Level 01 BGG posterMicrobadge: War of the Ring fanMicrobadge: Broom Service fan
yes, thats the problem with ios

what about a web version?

Maybe that way we can use it from safari...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
darhoth of darhothland
msg tools
This is interesting. I think if it combined the card drawn with the base stats into one place (like Gloomy Companion does) it would be perfect for what I want to do with an app. This still might be good enough anyway to replace the two app solution I planned to use.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Vance
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
Another suggestion is to do the math for us for the monster actions.

In other words if a monster usually has movement speed 3 for regular and 4 for elite, but the monster card says move +1, display it as move 4/5 (with yellow text for the elite version).

Not that this math is hard to do it's just a pain to keep going back and forth between the table and action card.

(EDIT: I guess this is similar to the comment about Gloomy Companion that was mentioned above)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Vance
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
Tanori wrote:

Unity (what this app is built with) does support web versions with HTML5 + Web GL:
https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/webgl-building.html

There's no DB needed for this kind of thing so something like GitHub should be able to host all the files but let me know if you need more private hosting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Brisson
Canada
flag msg tools
I've been working on the web based version but unity keeps asking me to optimize more and more. So i'm slowly trying to clean sections as i can. Hopefully it'll be available soon Then it'll be a matter of getting someone to host it lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabor Ironat
United States
California
flag msg tools
nickv2002 wrote:
Tanori wrote:

Unity (what this app is built with) does support web versions with HTML5 + Web GL:
https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/webgl-building.html

There's no DB needed for this kind of thing so something like GitHub should be able to host all the files but let me know if you need more private hosting.
That would work from an ios device... right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt M
United States
NoVA
Virginia
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Seasons fanMicrobadge: Charterstone fanMicrobadge: Washington Capitals fanMicrobadge: Clank! Legacy: Acquisitions IncorporatedMicrobadge: Twilight Imperium fan
darhoth wrote:
This is interesting. I think if it combined the card drawn with the base stats into one place (like Gloomy Companion does) it would be perfect for what I want to do with an app. This still might be good enough anyway to replace the two app solution I planned to use.
I echo this - I love that gloomy companion does this automatically - I think the files are available on github so should be relatively easy to mod in?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny Felts
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Spirit Island fanMicrobadge: Lucky Owner of a War of the Ring Anniversary EditionMicrobadge: Tainted Grail fanMicrobadge: Marvel Champions fanMicrobadge: I am a sexy shoeless god of war!
Very nice!

A few suggestions:

1.) It's hard to know that a new attack modifier card was drawn if you happen to have 3 of the same cards in a row. I know the number of cards left in the deck is shown which can be watched for, but an animation that shows the card draw instead of just re-drawing it would be helpful.

2.) There's a lot of wasted space that could be used to show more monsters at once. The nice thing about using the android app for monster health on a tablet is being able to see most (or even all in many cases) monsters at a glance.

3.) Echoing the above posters, incorporating the monster attack card modifiers with the abilities (like Gloomy Companion) would be great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Brisson
Canada
flag msg tools
Hey, I don't know if anyone will read this lol but...

Anyone that dowloaded the Gloomhaven Dungeon Master app before 3:45pm (EST) Jan. 18, 2017 please re-download it. The Ancient Artillery at Level 0 had my testing data so the stats are completely wrong.

Sorry i can't believe i missed that!

D.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Awesome work Don, the updates are looking so good with the animations

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
j ribs
msg tools
Microbadge: Level 01 BGG poster
where did you get the images for the monsters?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Copper Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: Arkham Horror: The Card GameMicrobadge: Galaxy Trucker: The Big Expansion fanMicrobadge: Space Alert fanMicrobadge: Level 12 BGG poster
It would be nice to be able to undo modifier deck draws, and even shuffle the modifier deck without adding in the discards - in case you mess up and draw when you shouldn't have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Des T.
Germany
flag msg tools
This user optimizes his gaming experience.
badge
This user might be a mutant in hiding.
Microbadge: Instant Human - just add coffeeMicrobadge: Fog of Love fanMicrobadge: Human Punishment - social deduction 2.0Microbadge: Gloomhaven fanMicrobadge: Better Living Through Chemistry
This is brilliant. It actually combines my two favorite apps.

We're considering embedding it on the wife's website so we can use it via playstation, etc.

Are you okay with that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [7] |