Subject: Card 018 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alan Barnes
United Kingdom
Texas
flag msg tools
Hi all...

I'm hoping someone can help me with this card to stop me arguing with my brother....

The card says to "Place * equal to survivors. Each on encounter, 1 per encounter, starting with the highest level".

Meaning do we place 2 stars on each encounter space OR do we place 1 star on 2 encounter spaces starting with the highest level.. (in a 2 player game).

Thank you for any help in resolving our issue...

It will stop blood being spilt... (hehe)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
You place a total number equal to survivors, the rest is just placement instructions how/where you place them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Knapp
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
abarnes421 wrote:
OR do we place 1 star on 2 encounter spaces starting with the highest level.. (in a 2 player game).

That one. It took me a few times reading that card with Shatner-inflection until it made sense...

(Spoilers below!)

What I was confused by was the resolution of that card, if you continued to side with the Institute. Card 18 says "Kill the last ★ on the board...", and then says to stage the next card. (I don't remember the number...) THAT next card says to place a quest marker on the CIT ruins - this marker is a Courser synth. Each turn the courser moves one space closer to the railroad, and that any ★ enemies on the board will move towards the courser instead of other players... ...except, there ARE no more ★'s on the board - you just killed them all on card 18. So, is there something that should be spawning ★'s at that point in the game, or is this just oversight in the story arc?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lauri Huovila
Finland
flag msg tools
ViperMan wrote:
So, is there something that should be spawning ★'s at that point in the game, or is this just oversight in the story arc?

Spoiler (click to reveal)

Indeed there is! There very same card that told you place quest token to C.I.T Ruins has following choice:

:Quest: Any settlement • Spend 8 Caps.

If you do, you place one star on your place.
So basically things are really falling apart! It is a matter of time when quest marker reaches the Railroad. If you are on star faction side you can only buy time and spawn star token until shield faction wins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Barnes
United Kingdom
Texas
flag msg tools
thank you for your reply ... we thought we were going mad.. it is a confusing card...soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Reeves
United States
Saint Peters
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another question regarding the courser, since it is an enemy is it possible to attack it?

Since there were no railroad tokens on the board, and no more were spawning, once the courser reached the railroad it was a victory for the institute. (Faction marker for institute was on space three).

I interceded by attacking the courser, since I was sided with the Railroad. It saved the game and allowed me to continue attempting to win.

Or do I have it wrong and the courser would move automatically to the player that has declared the intent to side with the railroad instead of the tile?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lauri Huovila
Finland
flag msg tools
Temujinjr wrote:
Another question regarding the courser, since it is an enemy is it possible to attack it?

Game does not treat it as an enemy so it is not possible to attack it. It is just a quest token (not a shield or star token) which is moving towards the Railroad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan blank
msg tools
Really need help with the wording on this one. If I play solo I place only 1 star right? And it goes where?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Plem R
msg tools
My thoughts is that this scenario so unbalanced. Synth hunter moves so fast, * spawn costs too much, +4 shields if Railroad reached. No chances u'll be able to slow down hunter to forward * to win.
In fact, hunter's appearance means Shields wins. Player's task is just to have enough points to win, instead of game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls