Jayson Myers
United States
flag msg tools
Please check out my other reviews at:

Push a Monster is a kids game about pushing monster off this stage. Kids will have a good time trying to put the monsters on the stage without knocking any monsters off. This is a really big joy for children. Fun for all ages!

The components are top notch and do not let the game down. The rules are super simple. The game is really a one trick pony, but the trick is good. My kids like the game, but not love it. It isn't one they clamor to play, but are always willing to play.

I have to admit I was a little surprised this was up for best kids game of the year. That doesn't mean I think it is a bad game, quite the opposite actually, but I just didn't see it as one of the greatest games for kids. Maybe it was a light year. I hope that doesn't come off as too much of a knock on the game as it is a really fun kids game.

Overall, this is a fine dexterity game for kids. It is colorful, fun to play, and it always keeps us laughing. The scoring is fantastic where you don't score points, but you get tiles for the monsters that are different lengths. Excellent decision! This is one I highly recommend to anyone with little kids.

These dexterity games can live and die based on their components. The components in this box are great. The only negative is I have to sticker everything myself. Boo! The stage is really good and comes pre-constructed. This is a huge bonus for me. It is only less work, but it is very sturdy. If this was not sturdy, the game would fall apart. Excellent components. Also, the monsters are not scary and are played more for laughs than fear.

Rule Book:

The rule book, as with most Queen Games, is very good. It includes multiple languages and does a great job of teaching the game. You get a list of components and a how to play. Great job!

Flow of the Game:

The scoring is really interesting in this game. When you score, you get a tile with a monster on them. Each of the tiles are a different length. At the end of the game, you lay out your collected tiles and whoever has the longest wins. Very neat scoring!

During set up, one of each monster is put on the stage and two purple monsters (the only two purple monsters in the game).

On your turn, you roll a single die. The die will either have a particular monster on it or question mark. If it is a monster, you select that monster. If it is a question mark, you choose which ever monster there is the most of.

You then take that monster and push the rest of the monsters on the stage. If nothing falls off, then nobody scores any points. If any monsters fall off, then the rest of the players score and take the monster tiles for the monsters that fell off.

That's the entire game!

Should I buy this game?:

This is strictly for kids. There isn't much here for adults. While families will have some good times with the game, but it may not have long term lasting appeal. It is a pretty good activity that kids really enjoy. Good for kids. Good for families. Anyone can play it.

Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.