Shotgun Games
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All the expansions are stored in their own separate deck box, and labeled by Adventure number.

Every card is also sleeved in a "perfect fit." It required around 1,100 of them.

The Magic the Gathering "fat pack" box is used store banished cards.

It required slight modification to the original plastic insert, basically just removing the half where they intended for their expansions to go. I kept the original particians for the different card types and it still works really well.

The MtG box holding all the banished cards (so far in my adventure). I only put the B,C, and P banished cards in the box. All the other Adventure specific banished cards go back into their deck box.

It looks almost full but it will fit every base set card in this MtG box. I'm half way through Adventure 4.

All the Adventures are separated into their deck box.

The checks for power and skill feats don't move around so it's easy to save character progress if you change to a different game.

Extra dice, chessex quality in pouches

I also have playmats for all the Heros and painted (however amateurishly) all their own figures so we can use those instead of the normal cards. Not necessary but nice to have.

Printed out the story file and I like to read the scenario out loud while playing. Makes it a lot more flavorful and thematic.

You can get a copy of it here.
https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/106306/rise-runelords-adv...

Big thanks to Byron Campbell and Neil Edmonds for making this available for everyone. Terrific writing!
kiss

Big playmat and dice tray (I don't store the dice tray with the game).

Here it all is going back in the same, original box. No need for extra storage or custom inserts (other than the MtG deck boxes).

It's not 100% perfect because the lid sits about 1 inch higher, but it still works fine. You can store the game sideways and nothing moves around.

I LOVE PATHINDER ACG!

laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Tricoche
United States
Bronx
NY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I did a similar thing with the scenarios. So that my group can understand whats happening. I find context to be better than ambiguity and reading the flavor text does little to give the illusion of a grand adventure.

Did you find it hard to get the minis? I also use the minis as a token rather than cards, but the first couple of sets are difficult to get, they cost a lot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Chas
United States
Annapolis
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why do you keep banished cards in a separate box? Are you confusing "banished" with "removed from game"? If so, I'm shocked by how many you have removed so far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
Enter something witty here
badge
These aren't really my legs
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome! Thanks for taking the time to put this together and share. I always like seeing other peoples takes on storage solutions and I definitely have done hack-jobs on other game inserts before.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shotgun Games
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BIgLatinDude wrote:

Did you find it hard to get the minis? I also use the minis as a token rather than cards, but the first couple of sets are difficult to get, they cost a lot.

I got the minis from Paizo's site, you can order them directly from here:
http://paizo.com/store/byCompany/r/reaperMiniatures/byProduc...

They're very inexpensive, about $2.50 for one mini. However, with the Character Expansion, it cost around $25 for all of them, and they aren't painted. I spent about half a Saturday painting all of them and even though I suck they turned out pretty nice.

I wouldn't recommend bothering with the mini's to be honest though. You can't even really see any of the details from a distance, honestly a simple standee would have probably been a much cheaper, easier, and more visually appealing alternative that would be more cohesive with the game's art.

redeux wrote:
Awesome! Thanks for taking the time to put this together and share. I always like seeing other peoples takes on storage solutions and I definitely have done hack-jobs on other game inserts before.

Thanks so much It was a lot of effort to do all this, thanks for the appreciation!

womanofdarkdesire wrote:
Why do you keep banished cards in a separate box? Are you confusing "banished" with "removed from game"? If so, I'm shocked by how many you have removed so far.

Lol I knew someone would point that out.

At the time of the photos I was trying out a personal variant where I remove defeated Monsters and unwanted (but legitimately acquired) Boons right starting at Perils of the Lost Coast, instead of waiting until Adventure 3. I've played through the game normally (IRL and on iOS) and wanted to try something different.

Since I've only played this variant in solo-mode, this has worked out reasonably well. I don't see the same defeated Monsters or run into the same boring boons, but this is only considering that I only need to populate 3 locations. It's also a lot more challenging because I've thinned out most of the B/C Monsters and am running into Level 4 Monsters nearly 50% of the time, but I'm also running into Level 4 Weapons and Armor at about the same ratio. I'd highly recommend this if you're in a solo Adventure and want more challenge. It won't work in multiplayer because you need a lot of those basic monsters and boons to fill the extra locations.

I really wish they'd make more expansions for Rise of the Runelords!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.