I have several design ideas which I'd like to implement, and I've been looking for good editing programs to use for them. Preferably programs that are good for quick, simple use for the not-so-gifted in graphic design or programming (as opposed to programs like GIMP or Indesign).

I've been very satisfied with Hexographer for one of my games that uses hex boards and tiles, but many of my other ideas would probably work best on square or triangular grids. Besides actual maps, I would like to be able to design simple polygonal tiles or other boards (such as reference sheets, resource boards, etc). I just discovered Tiled, which looks promising, and am in the process of watching tutorials to learn how to use it.

I'm sure others would also be interested in a compiled list of useful editors, perhaps with a simple explanation of basic function or distinguishing features (being free or having a free trial is also a plus). If that list already exists, please direct me to it! Otherwise, what are some editors you've used successfully?
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.