Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
George Triantafyllidis
United Kingdom
Torquay
Devon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can the British move to a drift area occupied by a Boer unit in view to assault it? There ia a one unit stacking limit in the end of the movement phase but it is not clear if its per side or in total. I have a Boer unit in retreat from the upper frontline area Hill and currently in the drift to cross the river.I can shoot it down into pieces with the +2 favourable DRM but i was thinking it might be quicker if i could assault and dislodge it rather.Thanks in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Godfrey Bailey
Malta
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi George,

Terrain Effects Chart for ford area states:

Quote:
British 1 MP and commandos 1 area to enter. Only 2 units may enter or cross per turn. Only 1 unit may remain in the area at the end of a movement segment. Batteries, disrupted and suppressed may not enter.

Drift and Bridge Areas rules under 6.1 British Movement Segment also mention British units, Commando units and just units.

So, unless side specified, any mention of units applies to both sides. Thus
British may not move to a drift area occupied by a Boer unit in view to assault it due to above rules.

G.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Triantafyllidis
United Kingdom
Torquay
Devon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for answering all my forum questions Godfrey.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.