Ryan Shepard
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
With the insert inside the main box I can no longer hold all my cards in one box. I own Base, Dark City,X-men,PTTR,75th Cap and FF. I was wondering what a good cheap storage solution would be. Ideas would be remove the insert in the main box. Then I need to figure out how to separate the row. Idea 2 is put heroes in the main box and villain items in the Dark City box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrell Archer
Canada
Guelph
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, owning all expansions except 3D, I store heroes in the Villains box, Villains and Henchmen in one of the big box expansions (X-Men, currently), and support cards like Wounds, Schemes, Twists, Master Strikes, Bystanders, and so on in the Core box. I had it all down to two boxes until X-Men.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I store all of mine in the regular boxes. Base set box holds all of the heroes and the basic cards like Wounds, etc. Secret Wars box holds all of the villains.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Snaer
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DoesItQuest wrote:
With the insert inside the main box I can no longer hold all my cards in one box. I own Base, Dark City,X-men,PTTR,75th Cap and FF. I was wondering what a good cheap storage solution would be. Ideas would be remove the insert in the main box. Then I need to figure out how to separate the row. Idea 2 is put heroes in the main box and villain items in the Dark City box.

Currently, I've got all the henchmen, masterminds, schemes, and Hero rares stored in laminated card pages attached in a binder. All my other cards are stored in the core box and the civil war expansion box. I really enjoy this, because it frees up a lot of space, and also brings back that nostalgia of collecting cards for TCG's.

But if you don't do that, then I'd recommend storing your cards in the Villains + Core Set since it's what my friend does, and it works fairly well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SnaerSnare wrote:
Currently, I've got all the henchmen, masterminds, schemes, and Hero rares stored in laminated card pages attached in a binder. All my other cards are stored in the core box and the civil war expansion box. I really enjoy this, because it frees up a lot of space, and also brings back that nostalgia of collecting cards for TCG's.

Yeah? So are you doing one card per pocket or putting, for example, an entire Mastermind set of tactics in its own pocket? While I can see where your binders would LOOK nice, it seems a bit impractical for me when actually playing. Still, if I was playing with someone less familiar with the sets, it'd be a nice way for them to know what their options are.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob REUX
United States
San Diego
Ca
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I Created these TUCKBOXES to keep everything organized.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rachael
United States
Williamsburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My answer: https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/231495/item/5724531#item5...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay M
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I start in base box, go in chronological order by release, but when it gets to Dark City I start on Dark City box. Those big box expansions hold a ton. You'll be able to get everything for a while in those two boxes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Snaer
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trump wrote:
SnaerSnare wrote:

Yeah? So are you doing one card per pocket or putting, for example, an entire Mastermind set of tactics in its own pocket? While I can see where your binders would LOOK nice, it seems a bit impractical for me when actually playing. Still, if I was playing with someone less familiar with the sets, it'd be a nice way for them to know what their options are.

To answer your question, each pocket is able to hold up to 5 Legendary cards without it being a hassle to remove from the pocket. So, I've got each Mastermind tucked into their own pocket, 5 of a henchman group in two pockets side by side, 4 of a Villain Group tucked into two more side by side, 2 schemes tucked into a pocket back to back, and the same goes for the hero rares.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kelly
msg tools
mbmbmb
Mine are sleeved, and I own all but Civil War, Villains, and Fear Itself.
Currently I keep all common cards and masterminds in the core box (with room to spare, I usually store a prebuilt game there for quickplay), Henchmen and Villains in the Dark City Box (about 1/4 empty), X-Men in the X-Men box (nearly full), and all other heroes in the Secret Wars 1 Box (Full). That is four big boxes nearly full. When I pick up Civil War, I will probably use it to store only Avengers Heroes, which will bring me up to 5 big boxes nearly full. The sleeves really take up a lot of room. I'm building a tower of card boxes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Des T.
Germany
flag msg tools
This user optimizes his gaming experience.
badge
This user might be a mutant in hiding.
mbmbmbmbmb
My "cheap-ass" solution was taking out the insert of the original box, and then sticking two strips of cardboard in to create vertical seperators.
That left 9/10ths of a card height unused (Really, UD? You couldn't scale the boxes the half centimeter more to give us three sleeved rows?), so I put in two more dividers horizontally.

That gives you room for approximately core + 2 big boxes and a bit of extra room for cardsleeves, tokens, counters, what have you. If you keep your cards unsleeved, you should be able to store slightly more, but I wouldn't recommend it.

I use cardboard as a temporary solution for all my "complex" games, until I have the time to make foamcore inserts. It's quick, easy, cheap and eco-friendly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
Rosemount
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My solution, although it does not use the base boxes: My Summer/Fall Legendary Project
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I tossed the core box pretty much right away. The big boxes for expansions are better. I had everything in the Villains box for a bit, but ran out of that a long time ago. I use Villains, X-Men, Secret Wars and Civil war boxes right now, but keep telling myself I'll get a "real" storage solution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you like Legendary at all, it's inevitable that you'll eventually have too many cards for one or even two boxes. Anything you do is likely just to be a stopgap measure, so I wouldn't put too much effort or expense into it.

I recommend option 2, using the base set box for heroes and a Dark City-sized expansion box for the villains (or however you want to separate them).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince Law
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have everything through Civil War minus the 3d stuff.

All my cards are sleeved with Ultra Pro Premium sleeves so I had to use 3 boxes. With no sleeves/penny sleeves it would take up significantly less space.

In the main box I removed the insert and created 3 rows with cardboard from one of the big expansion boxes. In this box I have all the "Hero" cards.

The Villains box has all the Villains content on one side and all the Masterminds, Villain Groups and Henchmen on the other side.

The Civil War box holds everything else, which really does not take up much room at all (maybe 1/4 of the box).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marlon Estella

California
msg tools
mb
I bought 1 set of these 4 count card boxes. And also this Artist Case.

In each box I separated the henchmen, villains (A-M), villains (N-Z), and masterminds.
In the Artist Case, I put the rest of the cards.

EDIT: Oh and I have everything except the Villains Box, Fear Itself, Spiderman Homecoming exp, and Captain America exp.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan S
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Race Bannon wrote:
I start in base box, go in chronological order by release, but when it gets to Dark City I start on Dark City box. Those big box expansions hold a ton. You'll be able to get everything for a while in those two boxes.

Hmm I've been thinking about chronological so I could keep all the heroes with keywords form the same set together.

Has anyone created dividers with the set symbol on them yet?

EDIT: And when I go look there are a bunch. Maybe I'll reprint some day
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay M
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dan8765309 wrote:
Race Bannon wrote:

Hmm I've been thinking about chronological so I could keep all the heroes with keywords form the same set together.

Has anyone created dividers with the set symbol on them yet?

EDIT: And when I go look there are a bunch. Maybe I'll reprint some day

You found them. Those dividers make it even more fun to organize by set. I put the Schemes and special cards like Bystanders behind that Set divider, then Masterminds, Villains, Henchmen, Heroes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony C
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have everything except 3D and Homecoming including Villains and Fear Itself in 4 big expansion boxes in 2 Hobby Lobby cases. Now deciding weather to organize heroes alphabetically or by expansion. 😔

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Shepard
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
gnatjulio wrote:
I have everything except 3D and Homecoming including Villains and Fear Itself in 4 big expansion boxes in 2 Hobby Lobby cases. Now deciding weather to organize heroes alphabetically or by expansion. 😔

That's the issue with heroes because you can organize them either alphabetical, by team or by set. I currently am alphabetically but thinking switching to by team.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa V
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've changed my organization a couple of times, but I think my latest is my best so far (once I was no longer to keep everything in one box). I have all the expansions except homecoming now.

-Base box with broken token organizer http://www.thebrokentoken.com/legendary-organizer/ has all set-up cards (including from the Villains set) and Masterminds.

-Dark City box has all the Villains and Henchmen

-Civil War box has all Avengers and Spidey Heroes (I organize by team)

-X-Men box has all X heroes, Marvel Knights, Mercs 4$

-Secret Wars V1 has "Allies" (from Villains) and my custom heroes

All my cards are sleeved and I have room left over in these boxes so that I won't have to reorganize again for a while after buying future expansions. Actually having stuff split up is helpful when a couple people are setting up cause you aren't getting in each other's way and no one box is stupid heavy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Hatinen
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
I keep my Heroes in three of the big box expansions, and don't sort them by either set or alphabetically. I just put the heroes I used in the back (three in one row and two in the other to try to divide them so I don't get a team repeat about 30 games from then). I do similar things with my villain teams, so for my next game, I take five of the Heroes from top and front of the first box for Heroes, and do the same for the villain teams. I just grab the first Hero, then the third and so on to try to break up any teams I had from about 30 games ago.

My Base Set box has the cards for every game, like Agents, Wounds and so on, while my Villains box has my Villains and Henchmen. The Masterminds, Schemes and the like are in the other two big box expansions. My Villains box and Base Set box are in bad condition, but I suspect that's because I play absurd amounts of the game, and had using them for over a year when I noticed the wear and tear. I seem to have saved my Dark City and other boxes with packaging tape.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Shepard
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
Just got my collection organized the best I figured to. X- men box housing hero's sorted by set. Dark City box has Masterminds, schemes, villains and Henchman also sorted by set. Thanks Finnsea for designing the dividers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.