Brent Celmins
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
trianglemoon wrote:
1. When you merge 2 shipping companies, does the new company have a capacity of the combined values of the previous companies

If by capacity, you mean number of ships permitted by the company in each era, then yes.

Quote:
2. Must a shipping company expand adjacent to a current zone it occupies? Or, can they be placed anywhere?

You can place it in adjacent sea zone, or place another ship in a sea zone it currently occupies. Not anywhere, no.

Quote:
3. I saw a response to a question that suggested that a company cannot expand outside of its own province. Is that accurate? If so, why all the arrows connecting different provinces, if not for expansion?

You can expand a company outside of its own province provided:

1. The production zone you are expanding to is adjacent to the one you're expanding from. For island production zones, look for the arrows to determine adjacencies.

2. There is not a company of the same type in any adjacent production zone to the zone you are expanding to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Huter
United States
McCordsville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. No. Shipping capacity is a tech. Thus, the shipping capacity of the new company is set by shipping tech. of the new owner.

2. Shipping companies expand into (i) an area it already occupies, and/or (ii) an area adjacent to an area it already occupies.

3. Companies may expand outside of its own province. The arrows indicate which areas are considered adjacent to each other.

ninja

Looks like SWxNW was a bit quicker with the answer.

In light of the above answer to (1), the maximum number of ships the company can have in play is the sum of the ships for the current era on each of the deeds. The number of goods each ship can transport is set by the shipping capacity tech on the tech track
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Schrieber
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks very much!

By capacity, I did indeed mean "ships on board" per era.

I've posted a separate set of questions after our play-through, mostly related to shipping. Sorry for the dupe posts earlier, I got an error when I posted the first time, but when I came back, looks like it'd gone through.

Best.

cs
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.