M B
France
FONSORBES
Haute-Garonne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules state :
Quote:
1- [...] The loser must, instead, retreat. They immediately move all of their units from the region to the nearest region containing one of their control cubes [...]

2 - [...] If there are multple regions to which the loser can retreat [...] then the loser chooses where to retreat. [...]

1 - This means that you can potentially retreat quite farer than where you came from for battling ? For example, if I came from an adjacent Orbit region to battle a Surface region but my nearest controlled planet is on a planet on the opposite side of the board, my units retreat to this planet, no matter is the distance between the two planets ?

2- Do units retreat as a group like for Movement ? Or in case of equidistant retreat regions, can retreated units be splitted among these regions ?

Thanx.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
Netherlands
flag msg tools
1: Yes. Don't forget though that you have to choose the closest region you control (or can choose between multiple if they are equally as close).

2: Yes, like you quoted, the rules say "They immediately move all of their units...". I would say you can't split them up, it doesn't say so directly in the rules but you also cannot split up a group while doing a move action so it would be inconsistent if you can do it while retreating.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ingp Flach
Germany
Saarlouis
flag msg tools
But what is, when the units to retreat are only units that cannot move without a spaceship?
Are they destroyed or do they still retreat - no matter of the moving rules?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hardboiled Gregg
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The victors take pity and buy them a ticket for a spacebus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M B
France
FONSORBES
Haute-Garonne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HotHeart wrote:
The victors take pity and buy them a ticket for a spacebus.

laughlaughlaughlaugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaime de Marcos
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We house ruled that they are killed and removed from the game. So keep always a sloop for them to be able to leave safely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Taylor
United Kingdom
FARINGDON
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jdemarcos wrote:
We house ruled that they are killed and removed from the game. So keep always a sloop for them to be able to leave safely.

Nah, this is too open to abuse. There are some cards that destroy one unit. Players would destroy the sloop so all your units die. The hostile takeover is purely a show of power you deport the remaining units if they can't retreat themselves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M B
France
FONSORBES
Haute-Garonne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
negatrev wrote:
jdemarcos wrote:

Nah, this is too open to abuse. There are some cards that destroy one unit. Players would destroy the sloop so all your units die. The hostile takeover is purely a show of power you deport the remaining units if they can't retreat themselves.

I agree: I also think that this houserule alters too deeply the design of the game: lost battles are not so rude for the defeated player.
Loosing all your defeated units mean lots of money and time before gathering again the same group of units, which in not what is intended by the base rule.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.